And So It Begins...

Prologue

And so it begins...the beginning of the end. 

~SiriusCatBennett

~SiriusCatBennett

~Rae's POV~

Waking up was strange. 

I didn't feel right. I was groggy and there was a deep-seated pain in my side. 

Trying to peel my eyes open, I soon realized it was harder than it should've been. This made my eyebrows furrow. Finally getting them open, my vision was blurry and brightness filled my corneas with blinding precision. 

Blinking rapidly, I tried to survey the room with a groan. 

My neck was so stiff. 

Closing my eyes, I rolled my neck around to try and alleviate the tension. 

Feeling a twitch on my hand, my eyes snapped open and down to where my arm was laying. Blinking and shaking my head slightly, my vision finally cleared up allowing me to see there was a hand holding my own. 

My brows furrowed once more at seeing an IV in my arm and a heart monitor attached to my finger. Looking down, I noticed that I was laying in a bed with a scratchy blanket and my body was adorned in hospital scrubs. 

Remembering the hand placed in mine, I glanced over to see Stiles passed out in a chair next to the bed. His head was lolling off the back with his mouth open, a little bit of drool trailing out. 

A small smile crossed my features at the sight but soon fell as I tried to remember why I was here. 

My back was healed and I couldn't remember getting hurt. 

Squinting my eyes down at the bed below me, I rifled through my memories to find the last one in the sequence. Looking through dresses with Allison. Getting ready at Allison's house. Scott dancing with Danny. 

Suddenly and all at once, all the other memories flew back into my mind causing a gasp to fall from my lips. Immediately, I threw the blankets off of my body and tried to get out of bed as the heart monitor beeped loudly behind me. 

Before I could scurry out of the bed, I was stopped with a tug to my arm. I had forgotten that there was a hand attached to my own. 

Turning abruptly to the boy, I was about to rip my hand out of his and continue on my way when his eyes snapped open and his head shot up. 

"Wha-"

"Where is she?!" I demanded, eyes blown wide in fear. 

As Stiles heard a voice, his head did a little shake as he did a double-take before looking at me strangely. When he didn't answer, I turned back around and went to fling myself out of bed. I was stopped by Stiles' hand once again.