Stiles Stilinski

Chapter 9: Ice Pick pt. 2

Despite desperately wanting to know what Boyd's mystery keys went to earlier, I couldn't quite find it in myself to care now.

All I wanted to do was curl up in bed or go to the gym to let off some steam or something other than meeting Stiles to go to some secret place. Regardless, I drove home in a tizzy as I thought over all the events of the day. I was still incredibly angry, but the feeling of betrayal was what was at the forefront of my mind and heart.

I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Derek almost killed me. I could feel tingles on my arms where his claws would've raked though my skin. Even if the wounds hadn't bled me out, it still didn't change the fact that he would've deeply wounded me, impairing my ability to do anything in the middle of a supernatural battle.

As if I wasn't already wounded enough.

The thought made me scoff, but the sound lacked it's usual anger and was just sad. Tears pricked in my eyes but I pushed them back as I tried not to think of how much I had connected with the wolf in the short amount of time we had known each other.

When we first met, I didn't exactly like him. Somehow that night at school, I'd realized just how complex Derek was. He was just like me. He was just like Jackson. We all covered up our pain and deep emotions with anger and defense mechanisms. I related to him more than I had to anyone I'd ever met and despite the fact that we'd barely even been friends for a month, his betrayal hurt me deeply and I found myself wanting to break.

Shaking my head, I inhaled deeply and pushed those emotions away, straightening up as I pulled up into my driveway. I sat there for a moment, trying to once again collect myself. I couldn't believe how much the last few days had broken me down.

Hearing the jeep's brakes behind me, I inhaled once more before pulling my keys out of the ignition and climbing out of the car. I'd hoped to get here before him so I could dispose of my ruined shirt in peace. Not to mention that I was still without a shirt, not having replaced the set of clothes in my backseat.

Sighing again, I pulled my back door open and grabbed the plastic bag holding my blood-soaked shirt. "Hey, ba-why are you shirtless?" Turning around, I looked at Stiles with my eyebrows raised as I lifted the bag in his direction. "Holy shit, is that blood?"

Nodding, I saw the boy shuddered before I walked towards my door. It only took a moment for him to scurry after me. "Wait, why is that blood? Did Derek hurt you?!"

"No, Stiles. I'm fine." I replied stonily, walking through my front door as he followed behind.

"Well then why is your white shirt red now?"

"It's Isaac's." I explained vaguely, not particularly wanting to tell him why he was bleeding so profusely.

"Okay. Rae, I don't know if you noticed, but that is not from a nosebleed." Pinching the bridge of my nose with my left hand, I ran up the stairs and entered my room without answering. "Rae, what happened?"

"Stiles, I really don't want to talk about it."

"Well, too bad. You're holding a blood-soaked shirt and you look like someone just killed your puppy, so I'm gonna need you to fill me in." Walking into the bathroom, I threw the bag into the trash can before pulling the whole bag out of the plastic. Tying it up, I walked back into my room. "Rae, come on."

Pausing at the desperate tone of his voice, I looked down at the floor, closing my eyes. Sighing, I looked over at him. "I said the wrong thing. Derek impulsively went to attack me. Isaac got in the middle of it." I told him, gulping as I walked straight back out the door.