Job Description

Chapter 30: Master Plan pt. 2

Ayy I love how perfect these are for the last chapters of these books. Tysm Kait_14

"Scott, we've got a problem

"Scott, we've got a problem." I said, staring up at the warehouse in front of us. I could hear him running over, glancing at him before returning my attention to the building. "Gerard is going to be here."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"That vision I had earlier this week, remember?" I asked, beginning to nervously fiddle with the handle of one of my knives. "It was barely anything, but I remember this building. And I remember Gerard's stupid smug face."

"Prophétesse d'empathie."

Tensing, my head cocked in surprise and mild panic. Schooling my features, I turned to the left with a hard look on my face. Standing there looking at me in what seemed to be shock and awe, was Chris Argent. I hadn't meant for him to hear me, but I guess all the cards were on the table now. 

"I prefer tocsin."

The man didn't say anything for a moment, lost in his thoughts and so I turned back around.

"Can I ask you a question?" Facing him once more, I stared at the man and waited. "I just don't understand. Why would you help Derek kill my wife?"

I straightened up a bit more at the question. I'd never really thought of it that way, but I guess I did play a part in the woman's death. It wasn't something I necessarily liked, but it wasn't like I had a choice. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. Head raising defiantly, I stared at the man, looking piercingly into his eyes.

The hunter stared right back, his gaze flitting over my features. After a few moments, he glanced at Scott. It took a moment, but eventually, a flicker of pain and disbelief flashed through his eyes as he looked back at me. I held his gaze until he looked away, taking a step back as he cleared his throat. I imagined he'd put the pieces together. "Where's Derek?"

Tilting my head toward Scott, we shared a questioning glance. My fingers trilled on the handle of my ring dagger anxiously. He should be here by now. 

Apparently, he was. My hand stilled and I gripped the hilt tensely as Derek appeared. I rolled my eyes quickly at the dramatic entrance he'd chosen: running on all fours, a front flip, and his red alpha eyes. Things were about to get a lot more hectic.

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." Argent told him.

"Somehow I don't find that very comforting." That was something we could definitely agree on. "Get him inside." 

Scott nodded from my peripheral as I slowly walked up to Derek. Pulling my knives out of their holsters, I spun them at my sides, grasping the handles once they faced behind me. "You're not gonna stab me, are you?"