Threatening Intentions

Chapter 2: Omega pt. 2

~Rae's POV~

Confusion swarmed in my stomach as I stared at the house in front of me, walking slowly towards it. Stiles' right hand was clutched in my own as I turned to look at Scott.

"She came here? You're sure?"

"Yeah, this is where the scent leads." He responded, looking stressed as he stood next to his girlfriend.

Looking back at the house, I took a few steps forward causing Stiles to move with me. "Okay, but Lydia's never been here. I mean, have you brought her here?" I asked Allison skeptically as I turned to look at the brunette.

"No." She said, shaking her head in denial. "No, I wouldn't bring her out here."

Huffing, I turned to look back at the house as my brain ran through why she would be out here.

Patting my hand lightly on my thigh, I almost missed the words being spoken as I was lost in my own thoughts. "Well maybe-maybe it was like instinct, you know? Like she was searching for Derek. Searching for an alpha."

Turning to look at the boy next to me as we slowly walked, I mulled over his words before turning my head to look at Scott. "Does that make sense? I mean, wolves are typically drawn to an alpha, right? Drawn to a pack?"

"Well, yeah. We'r-we're stronger in packs."

"Like strength in numbers?" Allison questioned, gazing up at the shaggy-haired boy as she bobbed her head up and down.

"No. Like-like literally stronger...faster...better in every way." I began shifting on my feet as I waited for the boy to finish explaining.

"That the same for an alpha?" The question made me look over at the girl before glancing at Scott to see him nod solemnly. It would only make sense the power given to the pack would be given to the alpha as well. It's probably why alphas prefer to have packs; so they're stronger, more powerful.

"Yeah, it'll make Derek stronger too." Fingers releasing from my hand caught my attention and I looked over to see Stiles walking away from me, going around the other couple. Eyebrows furrowed, I kept my gaze on him as he strode away.

Confusion coated my features as the boy crouched down to the ground, swiping some leaves. I was about to walk forward to see what he was doing when he shot forward and spoke. "Woah. Hey! Look at this." Stiles turned back to look at us while we crept forward. "You see this? I think it's a tripwire."

Crouching down next to him, I was too late to stop him when he abruptly tugged up on the cord. Turning to look at him in exasperation, I slapped him on the back of the head. "What was that for?" He whined.

"Uh, Stiles?"

"Yeah, buddy?" We all turned around to see Scott McCall hanging upside down..from his ankle. The sight actually made me laugh as I covered my mouth with the back of my hand. "Oh.."

"Next time you see a tripwire...don't trip it." He told him, arms raised out to his sides as he swung around.

"Yeah, noted." I stifled another giggle as I looked at Allison's grinning face. All of us moved forward in unison to help the teen wolf down until he started rapidly protesting.

"Wait-wait-wait-wait-wait," he flailed, "someone's coming. Hide." When none of us made any move to leave, Scott waved us away with his hands. "Go!"

The urgency in the boy's tone was not missed as Stiles whirled me around. I quickly grabbed onto Allison's hand, making sure we didn't get separated as Stiles pulled us deeper into the woods. Finding a big tree we would all be hidden behind, we quickly plopped down behind it; Allison's hand still clasped in my own as Stiles held his arm out by us protectively.