Special

Chapter 13: Special

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. Welcome to one of the most important chapters in this series 😘😘

~SiriusCatBennett

"Alright, you need to explain to me what the hell is going on." 

Walking into the vet's clinic, I completely disregarded the closed sign and the gate as I walked into the back. Holding my stomach, all that was left of the former wound was a dull pain and a lot of blood...again. 

"Good evening to you too, Rae." Deaton spoke, turning around with an easy grin as he set down his pen. 

Sighing, I walked over to the metal counter and painfully pulled myself on top of it. I was looking forward to tomorrow. At least then I wouldn't have to deal with uncomfortable stitches. 

"Look, I'm not gonna ask how you know about all of this. I've known you long enough to be pretty sure that I'm never gonna get a straight answer, but I am gonna ask you a lot of other things." 

"Be my guest." He told me, leaning into the counter behind him as he laced his fingers together in front of him. 

"What am I?" I asked him, figuring that would be the smartest thing to lead with.

"Well, that's a bit complicated." He told me, causing me to huff as I hung my head. Of course it was. "You're not just one thing, Rae. You're a quite rare species that is made up of two other species." When I looked at him in confusion, he sighed as he tried to think of the best way to explain it. "Basically, you are an empath and a seer. Can I ask you what your abilities were before Peter bit you?" 

I furrowed my brows, wondering exactly what he meant. "Well, for as long as I can remember I would get these dreams and visions of things that would happen in the future. In the month or so before I got bit, it seemed like the only visions I got had something to do with the supernatural, though." 

Deaton nodded, moving his hands around a bit. "So, you were a seer first. When Peter bit you, it activated the dormant DNA of your empath gene. This is something you would've grown into, the bite just sped up and amplified the process. In fact, you were already starting to develop abilities from your empath side." Looking at him curiously, he continued. "As an empath, you are connected to those you love around you. When they get hurt, you get hurt. Being a seer, you see events before they happen. Being what you are, your seer abilities would start focusing on those you're connected to and in retrospect, the supernatural world in general."

"But why did this even start? When did it start? Why is it in my DNA? Why am I some crossbreed?" I questioned, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the information already. 

"Someone in your family must've been a seer or an empath and it was passed down your genetic line. I know most seers begin seeing things around the age of six or so. And I don't know why you specifically in your line were chosen to be different. I just know that you are." He told me, switching the position of his feet as I swung my own back and forth. 

"So what you mean to say is that someone else in my family is like me?"

"Not necessarily. It could be someone alive, but it's most likely passed down from one of your ancestors." When I looked at him in confusion, he elaborated. "These kinds of things tend to skip generations before being passed on to the next. I'd assume if it was someone still alive, they would have to be someone from further than the generation before yours. A grandfather or a great aunt perhaps. Seers and empaths are both typically women, but there have been cases of males carrying the gene. It could be either-or."