Baby Girl

Chapter 23: Party Guessed

Yay this is the best looking gif I've made lmao

So, since the timeline has been tweaked, I just want to point out that in the opening scene of this episode, Lydia says "but the full moon is on Wednesday. That's my birthday." This is being changed to "but the full moon is tonight. It's my birthday." We're also gonna pretend it's not spring break because that doesn't even make sense + I took out that section in the timeline to fix where Lydia/Rae's bdays are. This subsequently fixes Stiles' bday as well which would've fuckin been the night of the lacrosse game and like, dear god no. 

Thank you.

{Shit, sorry this is late babes, I totally spaced. Love you guys 😘😘}

~SiriusCatBennett

"Okay. You should wait for me at Allison's while I go shopping."

Rolling over in Lydia's bed, I watched the girl as she walked to the door to grab her coat. "I can go with you."

"No, no, it's okay. I want to go by myself. Besides, Allison wanted to give you a birthday present. Remember?" Lydia scoffed slightly when my stare didn't waver. "Rae, seriously, it's fine. I have to pick up some extra things for tonight anyways and it'll be easier if I go by myself." 

"I thought we got everything last week?" 

"We did. But I still need to buy punch mix, remember?" She questioned, turning to face me as she shoved her hands in her pockets. 

"If you say so." I responded, a light smile forming on my face. The last thing on my mind lately was remembering if we'd grabbed punch mix. "Just hurry. We only have a few hours until the party starts." 

"Rae..please. You really think I'd be late to my own party? There's fashionably late and then there's just stupid." 

Chuckling, I rolled around until I was sitting at the edge of the bed, standing up. "Fine, I'll go. Can you pick me up a Take 5? There's none in the pantry." 

"Yeah, whatever. Now, come on, I don't have a lot of time." 

"Oh, yeah? And who's fault is that?" I asked in amusement as I slipped my shoes on and followed the girl out of her room. 

"Yours." 

"Mine? How is it mine?" I questioned, my brows furrowed as we walked down the stairs. 

"'Cause I said so." She responded, looking back at me with a smirk.

"That is so not how that works." I shook my head, an amused grin coating my features as we reached the front door. Opening it, we walked through and I closed and locked it behind us. 

"And I care, why?" 

"Oh, shut up and go shop." I said, shaking my head as I pushed her towards her car. Lydia turned, shooting me a bright, amused smile as she rounded the font of her vehicle. Looking away, both of us got into our respective cars and pulled out of the driveway. 

On the way to Allison's, I listened to some music and wondered what was going to happen tonight. Before Lydia woke up this morning, I'd been rifling through my brain trying to figure out what the girl had to do with anything. I'd been getting distracted by it all day; often getting yelled at by Lydia during the party set up. 

The only thing that I'd come up with was that the substance Lydia blew in Derek's face was powdered wolfsbane. I had no idea where she got it or what she would possibly need it for, let alone how she would know to use it on Derek, but it was definitely wolfsbane.