Never

Chapter 7: Never

"Alright, I've slept. Are you going to tell me what you were doing there now?" 

Groaning, I rolled over to face Isaac. The boy was sitting up on the floor, blankets piled around him. I'd told him he could sleep in the bed, but he'd refused. "Can't this wait? I'm tired." 

"No, Rae. You need to get up for school anyways." 

"I'm not going today." I told him, my eyes slipping shut as rays of sunshine pierced my irises painfully. "My mom already knows. I told her I fell and hit my head yesterday. I'll be home with you all day." 

The boy's sigh made one of my eyes pop open, squinting at him as he ran a hand over his mouth. He didn't say anything in response which made me frown. "Isaac, it wasn't your fault."

"How could it not be my fault?!" He snapped, throwing his hands out in front of him. He only looked at me for a moment before looking down at his bedding. 

"Easy. You're a werewolf now. It was only your first transition. You couldn't control yourself. At least you're not Peter, digging into people with full cognitive function." A shiver passed through my body as I thought of the night Lydia and I had been attacked, my side pulsing in pain. I hoped last night wouldn't keep me from getting my stitches out soon. I knew it was bruised. 

"See, okay, that's what I'm talking about. Who is Peter? How do you know about any of this?" 

The question made me scoff and I looked at my bedspread with a shake of my head. The motion sent pain through my head so I stopped. "Derek didn't tell you anything did he?"

"No. No, not really, so it would be great if you could maybe fill me in." Sighing, I finally sat up, pulling the blankets up to cover me as I leaned against my pillows. 

"Well, that's a pretty loaded statement." I said with a huff. "Here, ask me some questions and I'll try and tell you as much as I can." 

"Okay, first question. How do you know about werewolves?" 

I scoffed once more, letting out a little laugh as I shook my head. "That's also a loaded question." I said as I wiped my face. "I mean, you can literally take your pick. My best friend is a werewolf, I'm supernatural, and the last alpha bit me at formal."

"Wait, what?! You're a werewolf?!" My face scrunched up as I looked over at the boy quizzically. 

"No, dumbass. If I was a werewolf I would've just said I was a werewolf. I said supernatural. I don't grow claws or have glowing eyes or anything." 

"There's other things?!" Isaac squeaked out, utterly confused. I felt my face soften as I looked at him. He didn't know any of this. His father had just died, his entire world flipped upside down. 

"Of course there are." I told him softly. "I mean, I don't even know what I am, but it would be a little silly if werewolves were the only supernatural thing on the planet."

Isaac seemed to be processing the information before he nodded his head. "Okay, well then what can you do if you're not like a werewolf?" 

I huffed a little bit as I carefully ran a hand through my hair, avoiding the left side. "I see glimpses of the future, I guess. And apparently," I told him, lifting up the hand I'd properly bandaged last night, "now I have wounds that appear out of thin air." 

The boy raised his eyebrows at the white gauze before looking down at my bed. I waited patiently as he sorted through his thoughts. "Who's Peter?" 

The question made me hiss through my teeth as pain shot through my nerves. I tried not to let anger consume me as I thought of my sister shivering and naked in the middle of the road. "He was Derek's uncle." I started, beginning to pick at my blanket. "He was the alpha before Derek. He was the one killing all those people in town. The one that attacked me and Lydia. Kate Argent, one of the hunters, was the one that set the fire to the Hale house. I don't know if you know much about that, but it killed almost their entire family. It left Peter in a coma for seven years. When he came out of it, he killed his niece; Derek's sister Laura. That's what made him the alpha. Everyone he killed after that had something to do with the fire. He ended it by killing Kate and then we killed him. Or, well, technically Derek killed him. Now that he's dead, Derek's the only one left."