Unrecognizable

Chapter 26: Fury pt. 2

{Omg I really thought I posted last week and shouldn't be this week, apologies!}

Watching that door had to of been one of the scariest moments in my life. Derek and Stiles were paralyzed. The Sherriff was locked up. Every one of the deputies on duty was dead and Melissa McCall was unknowingly walking into the slaughter.

A small whine fell from my lips when the door finally opened, an unsuspecting nurse walking into the station. 

"Mom?"

"Oh." The woman deflated, only seeing the two of us instead of the bigger picture; the fine details. Like how Scott and I's hands clutched to one another or the dried blood coating my white dress. "You scared me. Where is every-" Melissa's words were cut off, and at the same time tears filled my eyes. The picture painted in front of her was one no mother should ever have to walk in on. And I couldn't help her.

"Mom. Just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." After a moment, Scott started turning toward Matt, disconnecting our hands and making me feel especially vulnerable.

"He's right." I didn't even have a chance to turn around when the gunshot went off. I had no ability to hide the pain that split my features, no way to stop my legs from giving out underneath me as blood rushed from my abdomen. Melissa's scream sounded like white noise as I looked wide-eyed at Scott.

Reaching out to him as I fell, we steadied each other and Scott slumped against the wall as I leaned over him. Not bothering with my own wound, I pressed my hands to his as I clenched my teeth. Looking over at a terrified Mama McCall, a sob bubbled up in my throat at the sight paired with the pain. The panic over trying to figure out how to explain my replicated wound certainly didn't help.

"Scott! Stiles! Rae!"

"Rae!"

"What happened?!"

The Stilinskis voices rang through the halls, but I couldn't pay any attention as my nerve endings burned from the hole in my stomach. Leaning my head against the wall, I kept applying pressure to Scott's wound.

"Haha." Matt laughed maniacally. "That worked so much better than I thought. You really really care about them, don't you?" He asked as I hissed, trying to help Scott as we both keeled over from the pain. "That's for being a pain in my ass all night. I didn't think it would be quite that effective, but I mean...talk about killing two birds with one stone, am I right?"

"I swear to god, I'll kill you."

"Have fun with that."

"Wait-wait-wait." Melissa's voice appeared, light and breathy as I squeezed my eyes closed for a moment.

"Back! Back!"

"You stay away from her!" I screamed, glaring up at him in pain and anger. The yell had torn my torso in two, but I didn't care as long as it helped.

"Mom. Mom, stop. Mom." Looking from his mother to his wound, Scott's hands moved down to cover my own. The boy grunted and a dry sob fell from my throat, inhaling sharply as I looked back up at Melissa.

"I said, get back."

"Scott." Melissa cried, glancing between the two of us as she stared at my stomach in concern.

"Mom, do it." He told her, grunting as my head slipped from the wall to his shoulder. "Please, mom."

"Get up, McCall." Matt snapped as I gritted my teeth against the burn. "You too, Martin."