Girl Crush

Chapter 18: Restraint

I swear to god, I'm making all the gifs now lol. Apologies for how crap the quality is once again. 

~SiriusCatBennett

"You will not go within fifty feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him; physically or psychologically." Sheriff Stilinski listed off, tossing his clipboard onto the table as he stared at the three of us. 

Looking between everyone in the room, I couldn't help but shrink slightly away from the differing stares of disappointment, anger, and smugness. 

"What about school?" 

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a fifty-foot distance." John answered his son, the expression on his face making my heart drop as I lowered myself a bit more in the uncomfortable seat. 

"Bu-okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other." Slightly pressing my elbow into his side, I avoided looking around the room as I could hear the annoyed shifting of the parents around me. "I'll just hold it." 

"You do that." He told Stiles, uncrossing his arms as he leaned against the table. "Now, while Jackson has filed a restraining order against the two of you, he told us you weren't there. Despite finding that hard to believe, these rules don't apply to you." 

"What?" Stiles and Scott snapped to attention as my head jerked up to stare at the boy in confusion. When he wouldn't meet my gaze, I turned to look at the sheriff. 

"Okay." I answered, not exactly knowing how I was supposed to respond. "Can we go now?" I asked, my foot anxiously tapping on the ground as I fiddled with my fingers. 

"Yes, you're free to go." With that answer, I stood from my seat, Stiles being dragged off by his father behind me. Staying in the room until everyone was gone, I leaned against the table as I stared at the jock in front of me. 

"Why'd you lie?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

Sighing, I closed my eyes slightly in frustration before looking back at him. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. You know I was there so why didn't you tell them." 

"Maybe I didn't want to." He told me, looking up at me for the first time as he stood up. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be." 

Watching him go, my brows furrowed as I grew incredibly confused. Standing there for a moment, I let out a puff of air before following in his footsteps. 

Catching up to Stiles, I walked out behind him as Melissa McCall's voice filled the air. "You are grounded." 

"What about work?"

"Fine! Other than work...and no tv." Rounding the corner, Stiles and I just kind of stood there as we watched the situation progress. 

"My tv's broken." Scott reminded the tense woman. 

Melissa's head shook as she looked towards the ground. "Then no computer." 

"I need the computer for school." 

"Then no, uh..." She turned around, looking at the two of us for a moment before spinning back around. "No Stiles." 

"Wha-no Stiles?" 

"No Stiles!" All of us jumped at the unexpected shout, none of us used to Mama McCall being this angry. "And no Rae. And no more car privileges. Give me your keys." Scott's sigh only seemed to aggravate his mother further as she shouted once more for the keys.