Unexpected Paralysis

Chapter 16: Frenemy pt. 2

I made dis one too. I know he actually says 'yeah, well, your face did' but I fucked it up and I'm not gone redo all that work lmao. 

~SiriusCatBennett

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." 

Pulling into the parking lot of Jungle, I really shouldn't have been surprised that my two plans for the night had intertwined. I couldn't tell whether Danny would hate me more or less by the end of the night compared to if I'd just told him I couldn't make it. 

Spotting the shaggy-haired boy, Stiles and I ran up to him, making him jump in surprise. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again; for a creature with supernatural hearing, Scott sure did scare easy. 

"Holy cra-oh my god, Rae, are you okay?!" The boy exclaimed, eyes wide as he grabbed me by the arms, looking over my body. Confused, I looked at him funny while nodding my head. 

"Umm, yeah. Other than the obvious, why wouldn't I be?" 

"I just-I thought you would be connected to Jackson. Argent shot an entire clip into him, I was scared you were hurt." He explained, searching over my face like he was searching for some random slip of pain or deception. 

"I mean, I am. I didn't realize it until today when Stiles told me about Jackson getting paralyzed last night. I got that same feeling last night as I did when Derek was paralyzed so I just kind of put two and two together." 

"Okay, but speaking of, how did he even pass the test?" Stiles questioned, motioning between me and Scott as the teen wolf stepped back. 

"Maybe 'cause it's a crock of shit." I mumbled, earning a pointed look from Stiles as Scott simply ignored me. 

"I don't know." 

"Well, maybe it's like an either-or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned with its own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?" 

"When it's Jackson." Scott and I chorused together. 

"Exactly. I mean, that might even be why Rae isn't hurt. She's connected to Jackson, not the kanima." He continued, motioning once again with his hands. 

"That actually makes a lot of sense." I told him, a glint in my eye as I looked at him proudly. He was always the smartest in the room. 

"I know, right?" He joked, turning to Scott once again as the amused smile on his face disappeared. "Okay, now did you see where he went?" 

"I lost him." The boy answered, huffing as he turned to look around the corner. 

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles questioned incredulously. 

"I don't think he has one." 

"Alright, any clue where he's goin'?" 

"To kill someone." Scott answered obviously, his tone hinting that it was a stupid question. 

Of course, Stiles had come supplied with his usual sarcastic comment. "Ah. That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." Scott's head flopped around with an expression that read he was one hundred percent done with Stiles' shit. "What? Scott, come on. I'm a hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense." 

"Just help me find it." 

"Not it. Jackson." I reminded him, leaning forward as I stared at the boy.