Supernatural Healing

Chapter 8: Ice Pick

It's so weird coming back to work on season two after doing a bunch of stuff for season four lmao.

This is like 7000 words, sorry not sorry...

Start song at * if you want. 

~SiriusCatBennett

Waking up to the sound of Brendon Urie's voice did nothing to stop the sigh that fell from my throat. It also did nothing to stop utter exhaustion from spreading through my limbs, seeping into my bones. 

Groaning, I sat up in bed, throwing my legs over the side as I pushed the blankets back. I just sat there for a moment, rubbing my eyes and dreading the day that was to come. 

After the last few days and everything that had happened, I was finding it harder than usual to push back the negative emotions I carried in the back of my heart. Maybe if Derek hadn't forced Isaac to leave my home, I would've been in better spirits. 

Sighing at the thought, I forced myself out of bed and pulled down the sleep shorts that were riding up my legs uncomfortably. Ambling over to my closet, I huffed and slouched as I haphazardously swiped through my options. 

Deciding that I didn't much feel like being anything other than comfortable, I swiped up a pair of high waisted leggings and a white muscle tee. Stretching from side to side, I winced at the pressing pain in my side. The stitched-together wound was rimmed with a dark bruise courtesy of one wolfed out Isaac Lahey. 

Ignoring the ever-present pain, I shook myself a little and walked back to my bed, throwing the items down. Stripping, I pulled on the leggings until they rested comfortably and slipped on the shirt, tying it loosely above my right hip. It was a shirt I usually reserved for workouts, but considering the circumstances, it seemed fitting. 

Also, it was comfortable. 

Slipping on the clothes, knowing I was going into public, seemed to jar me out of my funk slightly and I felt a bit less exhausted as I went to do my makeup

Sitting at my vanity, I brushed my hair out, being extremely delicate with the left portion. Despite the soft strokes, I was still hit with a slightly piercing pain every time the bristles dragged over the sensitive area. I could still feel the painful bump on my head and knew it would be a few days until it lessened into a simple bruise on my scalp. 

Grabbing my concealer, I quickly covered the dark circles under my eyes, sighing at the fact that they just seemed to be getting worse over time. I spread a bit on my cheeks too seeing as they had taken on a slight red tint. Dragging eyeliner on my waterline, I applied mascara before finishing my eye makeup. I completed the look with a dark red lipstick, popping my mouth when I finished.