Not Alone. Never Alone

Chapter 21: Raving pt. 2

Okay, can we just...they look so good. I'm sorry...do you SEE Isaac Lahey? Ugh. Made this one as per usual. Luckily it's not crappy af quality this time. 

~SiriusCatBennett

"Ketamine?"

"It's a tranquilizer." I explained, turning to face forward once again. "So, basically we're fighting fire with fire?" I questioned, leaning forward as I gazed at Alan Deaton.

"Precisely. It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." He told us, setting down the bottle and metal syringe on the table. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Turning around, he picked up a glass bottle, turning to show us what it contained. "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

"Uhh, that sounds like a lot of pressure." He responded, reaching forward to grab the bottle as I rubbed his shoulders. "Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?"

"It's from the mountain ash tree. Which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble."

Pondering over his words, my brows furrowed. "Wait, but why can't I help Stiles? You said mountain ash doesn't work on me."

"Well, there's a couple reasons for that. The first being that we need you inside. You're an experienced fighter, not to mention you know Jackson better than anyone here. You're the one he'd be least likely to attack. Also, if anyone gets hurt it would be better if you were there and prepared, not outside making a precarious circle." He answered, placing both palms on the table in front of him.

"Okay..so then what? I just..spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped."

"Doesn't sound too hard." Scott spoke up, trying to calm Stiles down. I, on the other hand, rubbed his back and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Not all there is." Deaton butted in, Stiles looking down to the floor. "Think of it like gun powder. It's just powder..until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles."

"If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

Looking down slightly, I stifled giggles at the boy's words. "No, babe, I don't think that's what he meant. Okay...think of it this way. When Jedi's use the force, they have to trust in it for it to work, right? So you need to believe that it's going to work, or it won't. Like when you did that front flip into the pool when we were kids. When you believed you could do it, you landed it, and when you doubted yourself, you slammed into your back."

Stiles hissed through his teeth at the reminder, cringing into himself. "Yeah, that wasn't fun."

"Very good, Rae. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish." Deaton told us, looking between me and Stiles.

"Force of will."

"Hey. If this is going to work, Stiles...you have to believe it."

"Yeah. Yeah, I've got this. Alright, let's get this party started."

()()()()()()()()()()

"Oh, Jesus Christ. You are so not going in there. Where did you even get those shoes?"