Bestiary or Beastiality

Chapter 11: Abomination

~Isaac's POV~

Taking off, I rushed towards the man at the end of the corridor. Front flipping over a cart, I ran to a giant wooden spool, jumping over the top. Racing farther, I jumped off of a beam towards the dark-haired man only to immediately get slammed into the ground. 

The air rushed out of my body for a moment and I winced before sitting up. Grumbling under my breath, I pushed myself off of the ground and went back to where I started. Stupidly repeating the same process, I received the same punishment at the end. Continuing time and time again, I was pushed harshly onto the concrete every time. 

The last time, wincing on the cold, hard ground, I watched as Erica lept from the rusty train only to get tossed down beside me. "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?"

Having felt Erica move and hearing the noise from next to me, I glanced over to see the girl in Derek's arms, kissing him. It was only a moment before the man tossed her to the ground. I felt a slightly nauseating feeling in my gut at the entire ordeal. 

Derek wiped his mouth off before speaking. "That's the last time you do that." 

"Why? 'Cause I'm a beta?" 

"No. Because I'm not gonna be your rebound. Besides, I'm nine years older than you. Stick to teenagers." He said snarkily, nodding with a mocking smile on his face. 

"Are we done?" I spoke up, tired of watching the encounter and getting thrown to the floor. I was exhausted, my body hurt, and I'm sure Rae's did too. "We've got about..a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal." 

Derek nodded before walking over and crouching in front of me. I placed my arm in his hold in slight confusion when he gestured for it. "...Okay." 

In a split second, my arm was snapped back in its place, a gruesome snap filling the air as I screamed. Immediately filled with regret and heart stabbing guilt, I looked up at him with pain searing in my eyes. "A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you..how to fight? Huh?! Look at me!" He yelled, pulling a hand away from my arm to grab my hair and pull my head back. "I'm teaching you how to survive." 

Being dropped to the ground, I immediately cradled my arm, snapping it back into place as I looked at the man incredulously. Backing up in fear of someone being hurt, I spoke up. "If they wanted us dead then why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" 

"I don't know." He paused before continuing. "But they're planning something and you especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know...as fast as I can teach you." 

With that, he walked away and slinked into the abandoned subway. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. It's healing. I'll be fine." Looking into her anxious eyes, I elaborated. "We'll both be fine." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I told her, trying to convince myself at the same time. "From what Boyd said, her wounds healed like ours did. I'm gonna go put this on ice." 

And with that, I walked away, trying to leave the pain and guilt behind me. 

()()()()()()()()()()

~Rae's POV~

My own screaming woke me up once again, except this time it was due to physical pain. I'd been having trouble sleeping all morning due to the constant pain and hits I'd endured for hours, but that was nothing compared to the pain shooting through every one of my nerve endings now.