14 Minutes

Chapter 22: 14 Minutes

"Get up."

Grumbling, I pressed my face deeper into the pillows, pulling my blanket up to burrow deeper into it. "Ugh, why?" 

"Umm...it's your birthday." Came the voice above me, confusion coating their tone. "Besides, it's our anniversary." 

"That's tomorrow." 

"So? You and Lydia are twins. Her birthday is tomorrow. Therefore, making these two days the same day. Therefore, making it our anniversary." Stiles rambled, most likely gesturing wildly at me as I stayed unmoving. "God-if you don't get out of bed...I'm gonna lay on you." 

"Oh, no. I'm so scared." I responded lazily, not bothering to even open my eyes. 

There was a pause and the boy huffed a little before he replied. "Alright, you asked for it." It was only a few seconds before an entire human being flopped on top of my back, Stiles' body sprawled over mine in dead weight. 

"Oh my god, Stiles, get off of me. I can't breathe." I huffed, wriggling a bit underneath him to try and find a better position. My right arm was currently trapped under my torso, my left in a weird angle under my pillow.  

"What are the magic words?" He asked, face pressed into the material of my shirt.

"Get off of me." 

"Ah, ah. That's not it." He tsked, voice muffled until he propped his chin on my shoulder. 

"Ughh, fine." I groaned, wiggling a bit more before giving up. "Stiles is the best and no one else will ever be the best as long as he's alive." I recited, rolling my eyes at the running gag we'd had since we were children. 

"That's more like it." He said, grin obvious in his voice as he got up. Rolling over and sitting up groggily, the boy sat down next to me as I ran a hand through my hair. "Why aren't you excited? You're seventeen now. It's your birthday! Be excited." 

"Okay, first of all, no one ever likes being seventeen. It's one of the worst years. And second, you wouldn't be too excited either if it was your birthday and all of this was happening." I told him, running a hand over my face and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. 

"Are you kidding me? Of course I would be excited. I love birthdays." 

Dropping my hand, I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "Okay. Your birthday is in less than a month. If by then we don't save Jackson and figure out what to do about Gerard, this will still be happening for your birthday. Big screeching lizard men and crazy, creepy hunters that want to kill everyone. Not to mention, your girlfriend will probably get hurt from someone being a dumbass at least once in the day and that could range from a paper cut..." I told him, lifting up my finger to showcase the new cut, "...to disembowelment. Fun, right?" 

"Well...yeah, I guess I see your point." He responded, huffing as he smacked a hand on his leg. "But I don't care. We're gonna have a good day. You're gonna have a good day if I have anything to say about it." 

"Oh, yeah?" 

"Oh, yeah. And to start it off..." He trailed off, looking to his right as he grabbed something. "Presents." 

A smile grew on my face as I looked between the perfectly wrapped present and Stiles' grinning face. Leaning forward, I held a hand to his cheek and kissed him lightly before pulling away. "You didn't have to get me anything." 

"Who do you think I am?" He asked, expression baffled but amused as he handed the gift over. "I've been getting you presents since your tenth birthday and somehow now that we're dating and teenagers, you think I'm not gonna get you something?"