Lizard Trapped in a Box (With No Air Holes)

Chapter 17: Frenemy pt. 3

Would you look at that, I made this one too. 

{Oops, sorry this is late. Not that like anyone reads this anymore but yea 😭❤}

~SiriusCatBennett

Friday. For normal students, this meant finishing up classes excitedly for the weekend, chatting with your friends, and being annoyed that it wasn't the end of the day yet. 

For supernaturally affiliated teenagers in Beacon Hills, this meant skipping school to guard a homicidal lizard in a prisoner transport van.

"You want the ham and cheese or the turkey club?" 

Jackson's response, unsurprisingly, had nothing to do with sandwiches and everything to do with his chained up position. "You actually think my parents won't be looking for me?" 

"Yeah, well..." Stiles threw the ham and cheese sandwich at the boy, grabbing another from the bag to hand to me. "...not if they don't think anything's wrong." Pulling out Jackson's cell phone, he flipped it around to show him the last message he'd sent to his parents. 

The next seven minutes were spent eating and trying to explain the situation to the boy in front of us. A boy who was adamant on not believing a word we said. "Scales? Like a fish?" 

"No, more like a reptile. Umm, and, uh, your claws have this liquid that paralyzes people. And you have a tail."

"I have a tail?" Jackson asked, voice monotone as he stared at Stiles. 

"Yeah, you have a tail." 

"Mmm. Does it do anything?" 

"No, not that I know of." Stiles answered, shaking his head as his shoulder pressed against me. My head was resting on his, a tired yawn escaping my lips. 

"Can I use it to strangle you?" He asked, jolting forward as far as the chains would let him. 

"Dear god, can we stop with the dramatics?" I begged, groaning as I picked my head up from the boy's shoulder. "Do you seriously still not believe us?" 

"Seriously. I mean..okay. The night of the semi-final game, what did you do right after?" Stiles questioned, shifting a bit on the cold metal seat. 

"I went home."

"Are you sure about that?" 

"Yes, you idiot. What the hell else would I do?" Jackson asked agitatedly. 

"You attacked me and Derek at the school and then trapped us and Rae in the pool. You also killed a mechanic, right in front of me by the way, that was lovely. And one of Argent's hunters. Oh, and last night you tried to kill Danny." 

"Why would I wanna kill my best friend?" 

"Why won't you listen to us? The world may never know." I trailed off, leaning my head against the wall as I closed my eyes. 

"Ooh, good one. Anyways, that's what Scott's out tryna figure out right now." He told him, rubbing the side of my thigh that was curled onto his lap. 

"Mm. Well, maybe what he should be trying to figure out is how he's going to pay for a lawyer when I prosecute your asses all the way to jail." Jackson gritted out, muscles straining as he pulled against his restraints. 

"Oh, my god. Stiles, get out." Realizing the animosity that leaked into my tone and choice of words, I tried again. "Sorry. Stiles, please let me try to talk to him alone. I'll just stab him if he tries anything."