God Damn Lizard

Chapter 12: Abomination pt. 2

I made this gif :) 

~SiriusCatBennett

Sitting beside Allison, the two of us cringed once more at another student being thrown to the ground. Coach was yelling again and I couldn't blame the man. There's no way Eddie's a teenager. At least, not one against the use of steroids. 

Allison looked really cute in her brown leather jacket, rubbing her arms as she hunkered down, beginning the plan. "I knew I should've brought a warmer jacket."

"You're cold. Here, take my coat." I tried not to completely deflate in relief that the plan was working, but a small breath of air was still released from my lips.

"Are you sure?"

"Oh, yeah. Here." He told her, wrapping the material around her shoulders as she stood up.

Sitting down, I watched out of the corner of my eye as Allison slyly checked the pockets. When she found what she was looking for, her hand slid onto my lap, depositing the keys into my awaiting hand. Grabbing them, I slid them into my own trench coat as I stood up. "I'll be right back. I left my phone in my car and I need to call my sister. I'm not sure why she's not here."

"Alright. Tell her I love her." Allison said, smiling lightly.

Smiling back at her, I nodded my head. As soon as I rounded the bleachers, I pulled my cell from my pocket and shot a text to my sister asking where she was. I knew she didn't like missing out on public events like this.

Reaching the corner of the school, I spotted Stiles standing there waiting for me. A smile spread on my face as I looked at him, jumping slightly in place partially in anxiety and partially due to the chilly weather.

When he saw me, a smile lit up his face and he reached out to grab my hand in his own as my smile widened. Once he had ahold of me, he started jogging around the school, partially running through the parking lot until he abruptly pulled to a stop. In confusion, I glanced over at him and followed his line of sight to see my sister crying in her car.

Immediately, I ran to her driver's side door, followed by Stiles. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her softly, but as soon as she turned her head and saw Stiles, she rolled up the window with a sniffle.

"Just go away." She cried.

"What's wrong?" He asked, obviously worried for the strawberry blonde girl. It was times like these when my jealousy and insecurity flared up, but I did my best to push it back where it belonged.

"Like, I don't need anyone seeing me cry." My eyebrows furrowed in sadness and my heart broke as she inhaled sharply and tried not to sob. Quickly, I tore the keys from my pocket and shoved them in Stiles' direction.

"Go. I'll catch up with you." When he didn't move, I turned and raised my eyebrows at him slightly. "Go!" With that, the boy took off, running up the steps as I turned around and promptly walked to the passenger side door, opening it up when she unlocked it for me.

For a while, we just sat there. I was turned sideways in my seat; facing her but not pointedly looking at her as I waited for her to begin speaking. "I think I'm going crazy."

The softness of her voice didn't stop me from hearing the five words she spoke. "Lydia, what? Why would you think that?"

"I-I keep seeing things. Like-like at the skating rink. I saw-I saw that man. The crazy one that attacked us. He was under the ice. No one else could see him. Tell me how that's normal."

"Lydia, I saw him too." I told her softly, my heart hurting at what she was going through. I didn't know how to help her.

At my words, her head abruptly snapped to look at me, her eyes widening. "You did?" I nodded my head. "Well, the other day I was in the ladies room and someone-someone came in and it was a guy and-and-and he was barefoot and dirty and when I opened the stall he wasn't there but I followed him and it took me to the trophy case and for some reason it felt like he was trying to tell me something but I don't know what it was and I don't know what to do, Rae." Grabbing the girl by her shoulders, I looked her in the eyes as I breathed deeply.