Hostage Situation

Chapter 25: Fury

Well, this one doesn't look like shit lmao

~SiriusCatBennett

"Are you bleeding?" Were the first words to come out of Mr. Stilinski's mouth. "And why do you have knives?" 

The questions might've made me laugh on another occasion, but at the moment all I felt was a numb combination of fear, anxiety, and pain. At least now I knew the wounds weren't a hallucination. But that also meant something went wrong with the wolves, and that could only end badly. I wished I could go check on them, but at the moment, we had bigger problems. 

"It's punch." I lied, knowing the man most likely didn't believe me. "And I like knives." 

"But-you know what? I don't want to know. What are you guys' doing here?" He asked, raising his arms as he stared between us in confusion. 

"We found something." Stiles told him, rushing up the stairs without another word. Sighing, the three of us followed him as Scott and I explained further. 

"We figured out who's been killing everyone." 

"He's a teenager. Just like us. We go to school with him." I elaborated, making it to the top of the steps. John stayed quiet until we reached Stiles' desk; a yearbook sprawled out in front of him. Inside, the boy had circled Matt's face multiple times in red ink and had crossed out the other names next to his. An arrow was pointing from his picture to his name. There were also quite a few random students who's pictures had been crossed out and I wondered if those were new or not. 

"So, this kid's the real killer?" 

"Yeah." Stiles responded, Scott straightening up as I placed my hands on my boyfriend's shoulders. 

"No." Sighing dejectedly, my shoulders slumped and I looked toward the ground. 

"Yes." Stiles exclaimed, causing my head to pop back up. John stood there with his arms crossed, a stubborn look on his face. 

"No."

Stiles shot up from his seat, forcing my hands off his shoulders as I took a step back. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder. Okay? So, all he had to do was like look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class." His father shot back, making me step forward so he could see me better. The plan was to say something about them still holding Harris, but Stiles beat me to it.

"Alright, okay, you're right. Sorry. Then I guess they just dropped the charges against him?" Looking down to hide the small, amused smirk on my face, I took ahold of Stiles' right hand. He didn't waste a moment to pull me forward, wrapping his arm around me. 

John took a moment to look between the two of us, a smile starting to spread on his lips before he shook himself out of it. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Stiles made a noise of protest, one fist clenching in front of him as the other did the same on top of my shoulder. "Scott. Do you believe this?" 

Stiles groaned at his father not believing him, his head tossed back as I rubbed comforting circles into his hip. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." 

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay?" When his father closed his eyes and sighed, I decided to take over. 

"He knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him." I explained, gesturing to the yearbook with my head. "And it's not like he's an innocent kid. Allison told me she found pictures that he took of her. Some of them could've only been taken from the tree outside her house. He's a creep."