Chapter 9

"Can you... Can you promise me to not escape?" He asked and gived you his puppy eyes. You agreed with your voice, but didn't with your mind. In short: you lied to him.

He closed the front door, you thought he was gone so you ran upstairs, grabbed your phone and went downstairs again. When you were searching for the painkiller you found the charger in one of the drawers. You opened the exact same drawer and there it was, for you to take it. This is your change. You grabbed it and plugged it in your phone. Before you reached the outlet your hope was already very high, but everything was ruined when that deep voice spook: "Yah... What are you doing?"

You freezed. You didn't look at him and your gaze stayed on what you were looking at just a second ago. He came back. You know you have to be scared of the gaze in his eyes because you could feel the anger in them without even looking at them. You knew you better listened to him, but you don't want to stay here. You want to be free. "So? Aren't you answering?" It's unbelievable how the mood changed in just a few seconds.

"I-I-I..." You stuttered, but didn't give an answer. This isn't something you can talk yourself out off. This isn't something normal. He's mad. Really mad and this can't be good.

"You made a promise." He said, slowly coming closer. His eyes glued on you. His gaze was full of anger mixed with something else. You continued looking down, afraid of what he's going to do. "Answer me!" He yelled and you turned away from him, scared. Tears were burning in your eyes, but you remained strenght and didn't let them flow over your cheeks. You don't want to be weak.

You looked at the phone in your hand and at the charger plugged in it. Your hand became red because of how strong you were holding it. "Give me your phone." He said, coming a little closer again. His gaze was full of anger and his voice was deep. Your grip on the phone didn't loosened and you looked at the ground, trying so hard to stop yourself from crying. You have to let him know that you're strong, that you aren't afraid, but on this moment... It was very hard. It was hard to be strong, much easier to be weak, but you didn't want that. You want to be strong. You are a strong girl. You need to be.

"Areum~ah! I'm not asking you twice!" His deep voice let your heart skip another beat and your stomach did something weird. You skipped the feelings and finally found the courage to look at him. Not in his eyes, just at him. You didn't even had to see him to see the dark aura he brings right now. You know you better gived it to him, but for once, you refused. This was your hope. This is your holdfast. You could get out because of this thing, so you refused to give it to him.

This decision did not make him happy. It made him more mad. He came too close and tried to grab the phone out of your hands, but you reacted quickly. You stretched your arm and turned away from him, but that didn't stop him. He continued trying to grab it and you continued holding it away from him as far as possible. "Yah. Give. Me. That." His voice was really angry and his gaze was glued on that damn thing, but if someone was looking from aside, that person would think this was some kind of game. Suddenly he comes really close and your noses touched. A shivering went inside your body, not of fear, but of something else. Electrique veins let you feel there way in your body and your cheeks blushed out of nowhere. This second of distraction were his change and he grabbed it with two hands. Your hope is gone, but your feelings aren't.