Chapter 43

~happy Junmyeonday~

"Receive the Lord's blessing. The Lord bless you and watch over you. The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord look kindly on you and give you peace; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son + and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." The words from the paster were weak. The last word he said, was copied by everyone else who was there: "Amen." Baekhyun didn't know what he was seeing. Everyone he knew was there. He saw his family, his friends, you. Everyone was together in one place. A lot of people were crying, some were not allowing themselves. Baekhyun watched everyone and it was as if they were watching him, but they couldn't see him. Baekhyun looked around, still not knowing what was going on and a coffin got his attention. Did someone die? He thought, searching with his eyes for a picture of the person who died and when he found it, he saw one of himself.

~

White. It was the only thing Baekhyun saw after he woke up. His gaze discovered the space he was in without moving his head, but the only thing he saw was white. "Am I death?" He mumbled trying to move a little, but he was getting blocked by pain. Suddenly he heard his name being said. "Baekhyun? Oh you're finally awake!" The voice sounded familiar and Baekhyun looked at the side. "Jongdae~ah? Are you also death?" He asked, his voice still a little weak. Chen smiled. "No hyung. We're both breathing and alive." Jongdae's smile is so precious and beautiful. "But I've seen y'all on my funeral..." Baekhyun mumbled, frowning. He didn't understand. "It must've been a dream. Can you sit up?" Jongdae asked and Baekhyun thought he could do it without a problem, but he was wrong. "Ofcourse I c-" He was cut off by pain. "Apparently I can't." He said and laid back down again.

"Good thing about feeling pain is that it's the sign of being alive." Baekhyun said, sending a smile towards Chen, who was concerned. "Should I call a doctor?" He asked, his gaze was on Baekhyun, who slowly shook his head. "No I'm fine." He tried to sit up again, this time more carefully. He didn't want Chen to help him, because that hurts his pride. He wants to prove he's strong. He was struggling so hard because he didn't want to hurt himself and after some time he succeeded. "See? I'm fine." The pride was all over his body.

"But I'm sure the doctor wants to know you're awake." Chen insisted, but Baekhyun kept on saying he doesn't need a doctor. "They'll see when they check on me. If you want to call someone, call my girlfriend and ask her to come over here. I haven't seen her in ..." Baekhyun suddenly released he had no idea how long he slept. It could be just a day or two or maybe he slept for weeks. His gaze went to Chen. "How long did I sleep?" He asked, not even knowing what hour the clock was ticking.

"Just a few days." Jongdae answered, while taking his phone out of his pocket. "Who're you gonna call?" Baekhyun asked curiously, totally forgetting the fact he already knows who in his subconscious mind. "Are you serious Baekhyun? You just asked me to call your girlfriend. Did you forget already?" Chen said and sighted while his hyung just awkwardly smiled and tries not to feel embarrassed.

~

"So how's it going back home? Do y'all miss me?" Baekhyun playfully asked Jongdae, who sighted. You were on your way to the hospital and the two of them were just waiting for you while talking about some things. "Well it's more quiet at the dorm, but we're used to it because before you were also more at your own house than at the dorm." Chen answered, making Baekhyun look down. "Ah I see." He mumbled, a little disappointed. Jongdae noticed and saved the day: "But that doesn't mean we didn't miss you." He quickly said, making Baekhyun happy.

They chattered for some time, until Baekhyun was losing his patience. "Why is she taking so long to get here?" He said frustrated. "Relax. Ofcourse it takes some time. She was resting because she was here day and night. If Junmyeon hyung didn't force her to go sleep at home she would also have been a patient here instead of a visitor." Jongdae smiled at Baekhyun. It was kinda cute to see him being so desperate to see his girlfriend.