Chapter 6

Mal and Carlos were in the hideout getting ready to headout to get inside Uma's ship to take a look at her plans for the Isle, as they got ready Mal looked at Carlos.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she looked at him.

"Yeah, are you?" He responded.

"Yeah I am." She said softly.

The two nodded at eachother then they went and headed to the door, they opened it and walked out as it shut behind them, tonight was not a good night when it came to the wind, the wind made it colder then before. As they were outside, they began to walk well more like sneak around trying to avoid any and all guards, as they sneaked by each guard they came closer and closer to Uma's ship.

Once they got to the ship Mal looked at Carlos. "Okay the way main way in seemed to be this way." She said as she then lead him to a door.

She went and turned the door knob and slowly pushed it open, as she did she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening her eyes and opening the door all the way and saw nobody and she sighed in relief.

"Okay let's get to looking." Mal said as they walked in.

The two began to look around, Mal turned on a light and all around were tables with papers on them, Carlos went to one side and Mal went to the other and they began to read through the papers trying to find anything involving the Isle, they read page after page and found nothing.

As they kept going through the pages Carlos found a very interesting page, he began to read it over and his eyes widened.

"Mal come over here." He said as he was reading the page.

Mal quickly ran over and looked over his shoulder. "What is it?" She asked.

Carlos moved slightly over so she could see. "Uma's been planning everything from the beginning look, kidnap Evie, kill Mal, if Mal escapes, take over the Isle and turn everyone into slaves. She had this planned and its gonna get worse." He said looking at her.

"Well, well, well, look whos snooping." Someone with a thick accent said behind them.

Mal and Carlos turned around and see Harry with a smirk on his face. "Harry.." Mal said softly.

"Don't you two worry, I won't hurt ya and I won't tell Uma on one condition." Harry said.

"Well what's the condition?" Carlos asked.

"You leave and let myself and Mally have a little chat." He said.

"Deal." Mal quickly spoke. "But I don't want him hurt by your guards outside." Shs informed him.

Harry nodded then walked to a wall and picked up a phone and began to speak. "Hey yeah look, I personally invited Mal and Carlos over to the ship, and I wanna have a private conversation with Mal so I'm sending Carlos out, do not hurt him in fact protect him." He said then nodded before hanging up and looked at Mal and Carlos. "There ya go." He said.

Carlos nodded then kissed Mals cherk before turning around and walking out leaving Mal and Harry alone.

"What is it Harry?" She asked.

Harry walked up to Mal and looked at her. "After our little chat the other night I was gonna head home, but as I was I overheard Carlos on the phone in which the words 'I love you too as a friend' was said and 'Mal and I are suppose to meet up and you know she doesn't know we are still friends' so I wonder who he was talking too." He said.

Mals eyes widened. "Audrey...theres no way he said any of that, he hasn't talked to her since the Coronation." She told him.

"Mally you know damn well that I don't lie, especially to you, so why would I lie now?" He asked.

Mal nodded slowly. "I'll look into it, but if you're lying I will slap the shit out of you." She told him.

"I will allow it." He said to her. "But, don't talk to him about it first, tonight when he's asleep get his phone, get into it and look for messages between him and her for proof." He stated. "Now go before Uma gets back." He told her.

Mal nodded then walked out and looked at Carlos, she didn't say a word neither of them did, Carlos thought it was a bit weird but didn't say anything. Quickly the two got back and almost instantly went to bed, after a few minutes Carlos fell asleep and Mal grabbed his phone then unlocked as she knew his passcode, she then went into the main room and sighed, she wondered if Harry was right and if it was worth risking everything. She ultimately decided not to until she saw a message pop up on Carlos' phone screen from Audrey and it read.

"Hey...I honestly miss you Carlos...please let me go to the Isle to join you, I know we can't be together as a couple but I need you, please text me asap." The text simply said.

At that moment Mals heart sank, it wasn't cause she thought he was cheating, it was cause Carlos had lied to her for over a year, its cause now she was afraid that he wanted Audrey more then her and that he was tagging her along.

She got up and went into the room and pulled Carlos off the bed. "I need to ask you something right now!" She snapped.

Carlos woke up as he hit the floor and looked at her. "What is it?" He asked.

Mal looked at him with a glare. "Why have you lied to me for over a year about not being friends with Audrey! Why are you telling her that you love her, friend or not, why does she miss you, why does she want to come to the Isle just to be with you! What have you been hiding!" She snapped as now she was upset and mad and she could not calm down.

Carlos got up and looked at Mal. "Look Mal, its late we can talk about this tomorrow you need some sleep." He said trying to calm her down.

"No Carlos! I want to know everything now!" She snapped.

"Mal, I knew you'd react like this that's why I didn't tell you." He responded softly. "I didn't wanna upset you." He said.

"But yet all you did was lie to me and upset me even more." She said with a tear going down her cheek as she threw his phone at him then stormed out.

Once the front door slammed shut Carlos sat on the bed and sighed as he looked at the message Audrey sent, he took a deep breath then called her, and after a few minutes she answered.

"Hey Audrey...its me Carlos...listen how fast can you get to the Isle?" He asked softly.

A/N Drama starting between Mal and Carlos thoughts?