Chapter 8

Carlos began to wake up slowly beside Mal, he sat up and began to stretch, he then grabbed his shirt and put it on and left the room and saw Audrey awake looking out the window.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" He asked as he walked up to her.

"I slept okay." Audrey said softly.

"The clothes fit you nicely." Carlos responded as he looked at her.

"The shirt and pants are a bit tight, but I'm sure you don't have a problem with that." She responded with a laugh.

"No I don't, but you better hope its not too cold today." The young boy replied as he turned and went to the couch and sat down.

"Yeah I know, why won't Mal let me borrow her bra again?" She questioned.

"She doesn't like you at all." Carlos responded.

Audrey nodded as she turned and looked at Carlos. "I know, I know." She responded softly. "I wish she did, but Carlos can I ask you something?" She said looking into his eyes.

"Of course." Carlos responded looking at Mal.

"Am I actually mean? Cause I honestly never thought of myself as mean, I just honestly wanted to be a Queen." She replied. "That's part of the reason why when Ben and I broke up so he could have Mal, I went after you, I wanted Mal to feel the way I felt, well that and you were cute, hot, funny, and so much more." She told him.

"Yeah but Mal didn't truly want Ben, it was a love spell." Carlos reminded her.

"I know, I know." Audrey responded. "I wish she didn't hate me like she does." She told Carlos.

"I know, and I'll talk to her." Carlos said in response. "She's just afraid you'll take me from her." He said.

"I know, but the thing is I don't want to do that." Audrey replied. "Would I like to be with you? Hell yes, but am I going to try and take you from her? Hell no, Carlos you're happy and that's all that matters to me." She responded softly.

"I know this Audrey, if you wanted me that badly you would have tried something months ago." Carlos said as he looked at her. "Now hey, you wanna see how the Isle looks early in the morning?" He asked her.

"Sure." Audrey responded as she looked at him.

Carlos smiled then grabbed her hand and took her outside then he took her around the side and they climbed up a ladder, once they got to the top Carlos took Audrey to the edge and they sat down together as they looked out at the Isle.

"Wow.." Audrey said as she took in the sight. "The Isle may be a bad looking place...but this sight is gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous." She said softly as she looked around.

Carlos smiled then looked at Audrey and laughed. "It's cold huh?" He asked as he laughed.

Audrey looked at him a bit confused then looked down at her chest and laughed before looking back at Carlos. "Apparently so." She said laughing before looking forward again.

Carlos looked forward again then took a deep breath as the cold morning air hit his face. "Ya know Audrey...I wish Mal didn't hate you like she does, cause I know the real you, you're sweet, you're kind, you're all around a great person." He said.

Audrey smiled and rested her head on Carlos shoulder. "I love having you as my friend Carlos, I'm so glad I met you." She said softly.

"I love having you as my friend too, and I'm glad I met you as well." He responded softly with a smile.

Audrey smiled as her head was on his shoulder, the two went silent and that was fine with Audrey, she wasn't trying to get Carlos to be hers again she was just trying to be there for him.

Meanwhile Mal had woken up and got up, she left the room with her bra and pants on only pretty much, she looked and didn't see Carlos or Audrey and got annoyed.

She groaned as she went and put on a shirt then headed outside, went to the side of the building and climbed up the ladder. Once she reached the top she saw Audrey with her head on Carlos' shoulder which really made her mad, but she decided not to yell because of Carlos.

"What's going on here?" She asked trying to stay calm.

Carlos and Audrey both quickly looked back and saw Mal. "Nothing babe I swear." Carlos said as he looked at her.

"Yeah Mal honestly I wasn't trying anything with him, I swear on my life." Audrey said as she looked at Mal.

Mal glared at Audrey then went and sat down on the other side of Carlos and put her arms around him, she then pulled him close and away from Audrey.

"So babe, today we need to make some progress on saving the Isle." Mal said as she looked at Carlos.

"I know we do." Carlos said softly.

"Is there any way I could help?" Audrey asked.

"No." Mal quickly replied.

"Mal don't be like that." Carlos responded. "Audrey you may be able to help, I'm not sure yet." He told her. "Can you fight? Like sword fight?" He asked.

"No." Audrey replied softly.

"She could whore herself out to distract Gil and Harry, she should be good at that." Mal quickly chimed in.

"Mal!" Carlos said as he looked at her.

"What? It's the truth." Mal replied.

Audrey sighed. "I'm just gonna head inside." She said softly as she got up and headed to the ladder.

"Bye." Mal said with a smile and a slight wave as Audrey went down the ladder.

"Why do you have to be like that? She wants everything to be good between you two." Carlos told her.

"Okay and?" Mal asked. "I don't like her, and that's that." She said looking at Carlos.

"But can't you at least try?" Carlos asked looking at her. "She's really sweet." He told her.

"Okay and? I don't trust her." She said in response as she looked at him.

"Babe, you need to try for me please." He said.

Mal groaned as she looked at him. "Fine, I'll try for you." She said as she looked at him.

A/N So Mals gonna try to be nicer to Audrey, thoughts?