0.4

Friday

"I'll see you!" I say to my co-worker as I exit the café. I start my walk back to the apartment and look down at my phone every once in a while.

As I walk, I start to wonder about the three boys. I start smiling to myself while I unlock the door to the apartment, 'Just what am I getting myself into being with three boys who are quite famous youtubers..' I thought.

I push open the door and and go inside, dropping my bag and hanging my coat. I flop onto the couch and close my eyes in the oddly silent apartment. I stay like that, still and quiet as I try to hear the boys. But nobody could be heard.

Maybe they had gone out..? Or maybe they went over to Will's place this time. This is just really odd. It's usually really noisy in here..

Suddenly, the door opens and I open my eyes. "Charlie, you're home early!" Alex says while placing a plastic bag onto the counter. George and Will are behind him and George greets me too while Will smiles slightly at me. I smile back, happy he isn't being mean.

"What's in the bag?" I ask, standing up and walking over. "Oh, our mate Joshy is comin' over so we bought some shit." George answers and sits down on the couch with Will. I turn to him, "Joshy?"

"He's a great lad. Don't worry." Alex smiles, "Lies! He killed my fuckin' llama!" George shouts, "He's a nob-head." I giggle and George blushes slightly, smiling as well.

"Right, well I'm gonna put these beers in the fridge till he comes." Alex says and puts the beers he bought in the fridge. I glance at Will - who was oddly quiet - but he was watching TV so I didn't bother to disturb him.

A knock came at the door so I go and open it, to which I saw a man standing there. He was looking at his phone before I opened the door because when he looked up he was quite shocked. "Er..sorry..wrong apartment?" he awkwardly says.

I smile, "I'm assuming you're Joshy?" I say. He sighs in relief and nods. I let him in and shout for the boys.

George comes running and tackles Joshy, "Mate! It's been forever!" George says happily. "Bro, we literally saw each other last week." Joshy says. Alex and Will say hi and I felt a bit awkward so I go to my room and listen to the boys joke around and laugh and drink.

I come out a few minutes later to get some water and they're already tipsy and watching football. I chuckle and sit down on the floor, watching the match as well.

I feel an arm sling around me and I look to see Alex. His cheeks are tinted red slightly and he chuckles, "Charlie, why aren't you drinkingg?" He asks, his voice was slurry.

"I'm okay Alex, maybe another time." I smile and help him sit down.

He whines but agrees. They start shouting at the TV and I roll my eyes and smile. They are total idiots.

I see someone sit next to me and realise it's Will. He's not drinking? "What's the matter with you?" I ask

"Just didn't feel like drinking." he replies and rubs his face.

"Charlie."

I pause and look at him. "What'd you say we get outta here?"

*****

Will and I walk together to a shop to buy some food for the boys. I was quite shocked that he asked me, or maybe it was because I was the only other sober person. "So, do you know Joshy that well?" I ask him.

"What's it to you?" He asks rather harshly. I go quiet and he sighs, muttering "sorry," then speaks again. "No, I don't know him too well but he's a friend of theirs."

I nod and look down, the awkwardness slowly killing me. We pay for the food and start walking back to the apartment.

I shouldn't have been so nosy.

But he overreacted.

Well I'm being too pushy, maybe he doesn't
want to open up?

He doesn't even know me that well..

We stop at a crosswalk, but I didn't notice since I was too busy in my thoughts and just kept walking.

I suddenly get pulled back and into the arms of someone as a strong wind blew past me quickly.

"For fucks sake, Charlie!" Will cries out, holding me in his arms. I blink and realise what happened. I push him away slightly, red in the face and thank him, my voice trembling. I stop and realise that my glasses had been knocked off and shattered during the ordeal.

Will's face was concerned and he picks my glasses up and made sure I was okay before we started walking back. "You nearly gave me a heart attack.." he breaths out.

"Sorry.." I apologise, and smile up at him slightly. My vision starts to blur a little and I hold onto Will for guidance.

I see his blurry face look down at me for a bit then look straight ahead.

"I'll buy you new glasses, Charlie."

° this is officially chapter 4! Done and dusted. We hope that we aren't being too pushy with updates but we want to try and get some chapters done before school starts to pile up on us!°

° Will is being the star of these few chapters so I think we might need to change that. Who knows, maybe it'll be Alex or George or, maybe, something bad might happen to Charlie and Will's friendship?°

°• that's all! Thank you for reading! - Val •°