0.7

Friday

I walk outside of Uni beside George and Alex. My shift at the café isn't until later on so I got to go home and relax for a bit.

As we walk I spot Will not too far ahead, I hadn't been able to thank him all week so I quickly sprint up to him.

"Will!" I call out as I ran. He didn't turn around. In fact, it looked like he started walking faster.

I soon catch up to him and grab his shoulder, "Hey Wi-"  he suddenly cut me off.

"Can you just piss off? I clearly don't want to be around you," He snaps, rather loudly.

I take a step back and stare at Will wide-eyed. Where the hell did that come from?

An arm is wrapped around my shoulder and I look up to see George with a 'pissed-off' expression aimed at Will.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Alex snaps.

Will scoffs, "Nothing. Is it so terrible that I don't like someone?" He asks.

You best believe that that, hurt. And it hurt like a lot.

"Y-You don't mean that," I choke out.

He takes a deep breath in and narrows his eyes, "Yeah, actually yeah. I do."

I take a sharp breath in as my heart sank. He was only just being nice to me? What did I do? Was it something that I said? Oh god I'm a horrible person.

I wiggle George's arm off of my shoulder and storm off away from the three boys.

I take deep breaths in as I try to calm myself down.

He doesn't like me.

*******

I had decided to go straight to the café, as I wanted to stay away from the boys for a little bit longer. Wanting some space.

I took my phone out to check the time, only to see some notifications.

14 missed calls from George

15 missed calls from Alex

George: Are you okay? Where are you?

Alex: Please just let me know where you are, George and I are worried.

I turn my phone off and slip it back into my pocket, not answering anyone.

As I walk behind the counter I heard the door open and some fast steps towards me.

"Oh Jesus, there you are Charlie!" George whispers frantically, Alex following pursuit.

"Why didn't you answer us?" Alex asks.

"I just wanted some space," I answer.

They both look at each other and take a deep breath in, "Sorry.. about Will. We don't know what happened. We thought he liked you, but.. I don't know.." Alex explains.

I laugh dryly, "Yeah well.. not everyone's gonna like me right?"

Alex smiles sadly and hugs me. I return the smile and sigh out a shaky breath.