3.2 [George's Ending]

Tuesday

I walk out of the library, not ready to go back to the flat. It's been about a week since we got home.

After the short walk back home, I take my keys out and awkwardly fumble through them to find the right one. Not that I had many.

I put the key into the lock and unlock the front door. I hear the faint sound of the telly in the other room. I decide to avoid that room and go to the kitchen and make a sandwich as I'm slightly hungry.

I pull out the bread from the cupboard and the butter from the fridge. I grab a butter knife and start buttering the bread. I find myself blocking out all noise as I do so, not able to hear the telly anymore.

I'm suddenly pulled into a hug from behind, a familiar scent fills my nose as the person rests their head on my shoulder. I drop the knife and slice of bread and take in a deep breath. "George.." I start.

George's grip tightens around me, "No.. Charlie.." he sighs a shaky breath and turns me around, lightly holding my waist as we face one another. "Charlie I am so fucking sorry.. I didn't realise how I was making you feel.. I just.. I'm sorry.." he croaks out.

I smile gently and brush my fingers on his cheek. He looks up at me, and I can't help but notice the sadness glossing his eyes. I frown, and all my walls fall down.

"George.. it's okay.." I finally say, breathless.

George seems shocked, his head whips up and his eyes are bulging out of their sockets. "You- You.. What?" He chokes.

I smile and blow air out of my nose, "It's alright, George," I repeat.

A smile grows on his face and he picks me up, pulling me into a hug and spinning me around. I yelp and laugh as he does this. "George! Put me down!" I chuckle.

He drops me and takes a step back, his hands still resting on my waist. A smile is still plastered on his face, "You have no idea how happy I am. How happy you've made me," He explains, and I blush. "So.. would you perhaps.. wanna watch a movie with me?" He asks shyly.

"Of course," I grin.

He grabs my hand and starts to walk to his room, "Let's watch it in my room. I've got a telly in there with Netflix," he smiles.

We walk into his room and he closes his door. He walks over to a table underneath the telly that's drilled onto his wall and picks up the remote for the telly and a separate one for his Apple TV.

I walk over and jump into his bed, getting comfortable under the covers. A thought crosses my mind, "Where's Alex?" I ask, noticing his lack of a presence.

George shifts uncomfortably, "Oh uhm.. he went to visit his parents. He didn't want to stay here with you mad at us.." he mumbles, walking over to the bed.

"Oh.." I breathe out.

George gets under the cover in the bed beside me, still sitting up though. He turns the telly on and switches to the Apple TV remote to use Netflix.

*******

I don't know how, but George somehow convinced me to watch 'Annabelle Creation' with him. I normally hate horror (except for that one time I watched one with Alex), but the boys always somehow convince me otherwise.

We were watching a scene when suddenly there was a jump scare. I yelp and grab onto George, burying my face into his chest to stop myself from looking. I wait for a moment before pulling away to see George had paused the movie and was laughing at me.