2.6

Charlie's POV

George brings me to the London Eye, and I look over to him with a smile. "You scared of heights?" I ask playfully, to which he laughs and grins.

"Absolutely not."

We buy our tickets - well more like George did - and I hold onto his hand as to not get lost since there were thousands of people wanting to ride and admire the big ferris wheel. We walk in unison with our hands swinging along, looking like a couple in love. George squeezes my hand and looks at me, so in return, I squeeze back and smile up at him to which he blushes and looks away.

We reach the top of the line and enter the gondola. We sit on either side of the benches, facing each other and smiling. I watch as we ascend and the breathtaking view of London comes into clear view. I smile excitedly and stand to stare out of the gondola. I feel George stand next to me.

"It's beautiful.." I breathe out in amazement, taking in the view and snapping photos on my phone. I feel George squeeze my hand again and look towards me, "Not as beautiful as the view I'm staring at right now.." he whispers.

My face turns red and I laugh, "George, you flirt!" I hide my face slightly. He grins and winks at me, to which I feel my heart skip a beat. George turns to look back at the view. We're stopped at the very top and the sun starts to set, giving the sky an orange hue.

"I love it here..if I could stay here with you..I would forever." George whispers, looking at me and smiling softly. His hair was shining in the sun and the shine in his eyes made him look cute. I chuckle and smile back, "Yeah.."

For the rest of the ride we sit in comfortable silence, taking pictures and enjoying each other's company. It's now the evening and we plan on getting wasted. George takes me to a restaurant and orders two beers. We sit and chat, drinking our bottles and laughing till our heads were spinning and we started seeing two of everything.
"Char, you look, sooooo fuckin' pretty right now." George slurs and laughs.

"Shut it, you cutiee." I giggle. Soon we realise, we are way to fucking drunk to walk home so we sober up with some water. We start making our way home and I stay close to George. We stop at a crossway and wait for the man to go green. When it does, a whole load of people start walking.

I lose my grip on George and for a moment, I panic. I look around at the blurry faces of people and I feel some anxiety well up in me, "George..?" I whisper out. When I realise I didn't have any luck in finding him in the crowd, I start making my way across the street.

I nervously push my glasses up and breathe out shakily, getting anxious at the thought of being alone in a street I didn't really know where. Just as I was getting consumed in my thoughts, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and someone pulling me close.

I sigh in relief, realising George had found me. "Oh thank god, George-" I start, but when I look up, I realise, that isn't George..

My blood runs cold and I stare at the strangers face. But he didn't become a stranger when I see what he's wearing. It's our school's basketball team jacket, and that's Jayden's teammate. The one who called me cute. I immediately try and get out of his arms but he doesn't budge.

"Hey, calm down, babygirl~" he whispers in my ear and I scrunch my face up in disgust. "I heard what you did to Jayden, and that wasn't very ladylike of you." he says, his hands going lower down my waist. I feel disgusted and violated. Nobody is doing anything in the busy crowd.

"George-!" I yell out for a bit, until this bastard covers my mouth.
"I don't want you making any fucking noise, you hear me?" he grunts, angrily. I feel tears well in my eyes, I didn't want this. I just want to be in George's arms..where it's safe.

I feel this creep go for my neck and I struggle in his arms again. I manage to rip his hand off my mouth and shout, "George!! George, help!!"
I see George and I reach out for him, only for the guy to put his hand over me again. I wrestle with him as he's definitely pissed off.

George looks this way and he rushes over to me quickly. I hear him yelling my name, "Charlie!!" the guy lets go of me and flips the finger on us and runs off. Clearly this isn't over. I shakily stand and George hugs me tightly, kissing my hair and stroking it. "Oh fuck, Charlie. I am so sorry.." he whispers and I grip onto his shirt.

George's POV

I hold onto Charlie tightly, terrified I'd lost her. We walk back to the apartment, making sure she's holding onto me tightly the whole walk. We enter and sit down on the couch.

Alex comes in and huffs, "I was lookin' for you twats!" he whines before going to the bathroom. Charlie and I look at each other and burst out laughing. She wipes some tears from her eyes and giggles. I take her hand and smile, "Charlie..I need to tell you something."

Charlies beautiful, honey brown eyes look at me and I feel myself getting messed up by her. "Yes?" her voice says in a soft tone.

I swallow the lump in my throat and grip her hand, "Charlie. I love you."

She blinks and smiles back, "I love you too! You're an amazing friend!" she beams. My heart shatters a bit, but I'm determined.
"No Charlie, I literally love you-"

But I'm cut off by Will plopping in between us and cuddling into Charlie's arms. "Fuckin' hell Shorty, you didn't walk home with me and I was so upset." Will huffs, looking at Charlie.

Charlie giggles and holds onto Will, "Sorry.." she smiles and then looks at me. "You were saying George?" she asks. Will also turns to me, "Yeah George. You were saying?" he smirks, the smug look on his face so obnoxious I had the urge to wipe it off his face with a clean right.

I grip the couch and grit my teeth, "Nothing." I say, getting up and walking to my room. Right outside my door, Will stops me and pushes me against the wall.

"Nice try, George." Will smirks, to which I growl and ball my fists up. Will leans close to me,

"We're at war, George. One fuck up. And she's mine."

*****

Yay! Chapter 26 is finally here! I hope you enjoyed! Thank you for 600+ reads!!

I'll see you all in the next one!

- Val