0.5

Saturday

My eyes flutter open and I grab my phone, which was sitting face down on the bedside table that I bought from Ikea during the week.

I click the power button to check the time.

10:23 a.m

I drop the phone back on the table, letting my arm hang over the side of the bed as I work up the energy to get out of bed.

Once I'm ready, I throw my legs over the side of my bed and sit up straight with my feet planted on the carpet. I rub my eyes with the sleeve of my pyjama top and jump off of my comfortable mattress. Right, Will didn't buy my new glasses yet. Maybe I'll just buy them my selves..

I open my door and walk down into the kitchen to grab some cereal for breakfast.

I open the cupboard and grab my coco pops, pouring them into the empty bowl. Then grabbing the milk.

The sound of dragging feet appear at the kitchen entrance, "Mornin' Charlie," George yawns.

I smile, "Morning sleepy head," I chirp.

He stops and stares at me for a moment, "Shit man. How are you so chirpy?" He asked with a chuckle, now seeming more awake.

I smirk, "I don't know. I like to act as if I'm not tired, which eventually leads to me not feeling tired anymore," I explain.

George raises an eyebrow as he approaches the kitchen table to sit down, "I'm gonna pretend I understood that."

I laugh and playfully slap his chest, "Shut up."

After a moment of comfortable silence, George speaks up, "Alex went down to his parents place until tomorrow, and Will is out with Mia. So we have the place to ourselves. Wanna do something?" He asks.

I take a moment to think, "Sure, there's this bowling slash arcade place I've been wanting to check out. It seems pretty cool," I suggest.

"Oh yeah, I heard o' that place," he replies. "Sure I'm down for that," he finishes.

I smile, "Yeah but not until later. It's still way too early to be productive."

George laughs and walks over to grab the box of coco pops from my side as I go to put it away, our hands brushing against each other as we do so. I quickly let go and George swiftly backs away, "Sorry," he mumbles.

I smile, even though he isn't facing me as of saying 'yeah it's fine'.

*******

George and I are currently watching some T.V while sharing a blanket on the couch, although we're not cuddled up together, if that's what you were thinking. It's quite cold and all the other blankets are getting washed, so we ended up sharing.

Nothing was on, so we had ended up watching some good ol' 'You've Been Framed' with Harry Hill. But we got bored of that very quick, so we decide to get up to get ready.

I get up off of the couch to have a shower, leaving George still on the couch with his phone.

I walk into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I quickly undress and jump in the shower once the water had heated up. I was in for a solid five minutes before jumping out and wrapping a towel around my body.

It was then that the bathroom door flung open and George walked in.

Without a shirt.