2.8

Saturday

Charlie's POV

Today is the day of the Uni Halloween Party. I get dressed in my pink sweater and purple skirt, making sure the skirt wasn't too long but not too short at the same time. Once I'm satisfied, I pull on some white socks and some black flats. I put on a pink hairband and look at myself in the mirror. I smile, I look good. Mabel Pines is on the case!

I get a handbag and sling it over me, putting my phone in and leaving my room. "I'm ready!" I call out to the boys. The boys get off the couch and I walk out into the living room.

Now, Alex's wearing a white collared shirt with a vintage, black shirt over it and chains, and on top of all that he's wearing a black coat. His hair's floofed up and a bit apart and he's wearing black jeans with chains and black shoes. His usual soft boy appearance always makes him look like a big softie. But now, he's an e-boy. And I didn't know how to feel. He still looks good though.

Next, is George. George simply wore his disguise and his usual annoying orange costume. He still wore his black jeans and black shoes. But he looks stupid and clapped.

Lastly, is Will. And, oh my god. He's wearing his iconic nurse outfit and he looks like he's suffocating. He's also wearing white heels and has a stuffed bra to give the impression of them boobies.

I burst out laughing at Will and he turns red in embarrassment. "Shut the fuck up, Shorty." he hisses.

George shifts around and pulls his bandana down, "Mate, I look good." he grins. "You look clapped." Will snickers, which earns a glare from George.

"You look so cute, Charlie!" Alex chirps and hugs me, and I hug back and giggle. "You certainly look like something, Alex." I smile.

In the corner of my eye, I swear I see Will and George tense up. I pull away and smile. "Let's go guys!"

*****

We arrive at the party and I see all of our classmates and all the groups in school. I stick with the lads but, some other guys come over to them. I recognise them as friends of them, Stephen, Joshy and all. I see Will and Alex and George all talk with them, and for a moment, I felt alone. but I brush off the feeling. I guess they're my friends too. I say hi and smile, getting to know them all.

I meet Stephen, James, Frazer and Gee. They're really nice and funny, I can understand why they all got along. "I'm going to get a drink." I say and leave to find some good, good juice in a solo cup. Even though that's more American. I get some juice and turn around, but what I see makes me feel sick.

A red shirt with a sleeveless, blue jacket with the collar up, grey shorts and dark grey trainers with white socks. And a familiar blue and white hat with a pine tree. Dipper Pines. But the person in the costume is what makes me sick. Jayden. Jayden Adams. And we're wearing matching outfits. At that moment I just wanted to change my outfit. I didn't want to be matching with him.

I stare at him and try to pry my eyes away from him. Too late. We lock eyes and I feel myself trembling underneath his gaze. He's terrifying. I start to walk away and see him make his way through the crowds of people. I close my eyes and just pray to whatever God that's out there to just not let me meet Jayden.

But alas, maybe I'm just not great in believing in people, because I feel his disgusting hand take mine and pull me back to him. I yell out in protest, but my cries are drowned out by the blaring music. Jayden holds me close to him, his grip tight against my waist.

"I see we're matching, Charlie." he grins, whispering in my ear. I recoil in disgust. "Ugh, fucking hell Jayden, why are you so...desperate!?" I shout angrily, trying to get him off of me.

"Now, now Charlie. You've been quite rude to me, haven't you?" Jayden glares, his nails digging into my side, in which I groan in pain. I manage to push him off me and quickly try find George, Alex, Will, just somebody!

I see George and I run up to him, hugging him. He quickly hugs me back, "Charlie! You, alright??" George asks concerned. But I'm sure he soon realised why I was shaking and scared, he saw Jayden. I guess Jayden backed down because soon George was reassuring me everything was okay. I look up at George, and start crying.

"Thank you George..I'm sorry for getting you in all of this mess and you've just..you've just been so kind and you helped me..and," I wipe my tears from my eyes and relax slightly as George cups my cheeks, "you saved me.." I sob, gripping his hands.

George uses his thumbs to wipe my tears away, and soon, I feel his lips press against mine. I close my eyes and kiss back, melting into the kiss and feel one more tear slip down. The kiss is loving and comforting, yet I felt confused, I wanted to stay but at the same time I wanted to pull away. 

Yet, I stayed for a little bit, until George and I are ripped away from each other. I look up in shock and see an angry Will and a hurt Alex. "What the fuck are you doing George!?" Will shouts, and Alex angrily shouts at him as well. George blinks and then regains his composure.

"Jesus! What're you on about?!" George snaps.

I feel my head spin, the three idiots, my friends. Who I had all kissed. They were arguing and the night starts being hazy. I feel my breath become uneven and I quickly leave the party and run home. When I get home, I run to the bathroom and throw up my breakfast and lunch. I sit with my back against the wall and sob, feeling so confused and stressed.

Maybe I'm the idiot.

*****

My uploading schedule is getting better! Emmy and I are so excited for this book, and please go follow Emmy's account _emmymme__. I may be making a new book and if I do, it'll most likely be on this account! Be sure to keep an eye on her account if she publishes a new book 🥰.

Thank you for reading! I'll see you in the next one!
- Val

☽ Thank you for reading! I'll see you in the next one! ☾- Val