0.6

Sunday

I wake up slowly and realise that I'm snuggled up against George, his arm around me and my head resting on his chest. I feel my face heat up and I look at George.

His brown hair shining in the morning sunlight and his lips slightly parted as he breathes softly, eyes closed shut and head leaning against mine. He looked peaceful and cute. I stay there for a little bit, listening to his heartbeat.

Then the door opens and Will comes in. "Hey uh, George, mate. Can you give this to Charlie? It's her new glasses-" he stops abruptly as he notices the two of us on the couch, together, under a freaking blanket. George starts to wake up as he hears Will's voice.

"Sorry?" he groans, opening his eyes. I move away from George, embarrassed that Will had seen me like that. George rubs his eyes and looks at Will, "Mate, when did you come in?" he asks Will. Will swallows a lump in his throat and he shakes his head. "Came in just now. Here Charlie." he places the bag on the table, then leaves without saying anything else.

George blinks then turns to me. "Uh, right. I'm gonna go chase Will. Don't miss me too much." George says and winks at me before he leaves. I smile and chuckle, only to find myself blushing and I shake my head.

I get up and walk over to the bag that Will had left me. In it, it had a glasses case and a note. I open the case and inside were new, round glasses with a thin, rosegold frame. I put them on and then look at the note,

Charlie,

sorry about your glasses. I hope you like your new ones, didn't know which colour you liked so I just chose the one that made me think of you when I saw them. No need to pay me back.

- Will

Will...

I sigh and put the bag in my room and stare at the note for a few more seconds before groaning and rubbing my face with my hands.

Right. All I need is coffee. Strong ass coffee. I get a mug and pour a sachet in it then put hot water in it. I drink the hot beverage to try clear my mind.

Will's POV

I lean against a wall outside in the hall of the apartments.

Fuck...why do I even care? I shouldn't be feeling like this..he's my mate and she's just..just a girl...

But, why am I hurt?

I grip my shirt and my heart starts to ache. I try shake off the feeling, yet the image of them snuggling on the couch was basically burned into my mind. I close my eyes in frustration and slam the wall in front of me, the sound echoing in the empty hallway. "Fuck!"

"Will?" a voice calls out. I recognise it's George and I pull myself together.
"Yeah mate?" I reply

He turns the corner and looks at me, "you alright?" He asks. I stare at the ground, I didn't want to look at him for now.

"Yeah I'm alright, just going back to Mia's place." I say, turning away from him and start walking to the lift.

"You don't wanna stay?" I hear George ask.

"I'm alright." I answer.

I just didn't want to see him.

I just didn't want to see his face.

I just didn't want to disturb him and Charlie.

I leave the building and grit my teeth, trying to swallow my feelings.

But they didn't go away. That feeling of hurt. That ache in my heart. And I can't understand why?

Charlie's POV

I hear George enter the apartment again, alone. I turn to him and sip my coffee, "Will ain't coming?" I ask, to which George shakes his head. I sigh and put my coffee down, looking at George who seemed concerned.

He then looks at me and a smile spreads across his face, "You got your new glasses.." he says softly. I nod and smile, "Will got them for me, I like them." I reply, sitting back on the couch.

"Guess you'll be able to see your soulmate more clearer now." he grins, winking at me again. I laugh and shake my head. "shut up, George"

He chuckles and his face grew a little red. I lean back and smile. "When's Alex coming back?" I ask. "I think tonight? Somewhere in the evening." he answers, sitting next to me and leaning on me.

"Oi, get off me." I pout

"You like it."

"I'll hit you."

"abuse!" George cries out, his voice laced with exaggeration

I laugh and shove him off me, wrapping myself in a blanket. "Yeah, fuck you George." I stick my tongue out. George gasps and he has this shocked face, "I feel offended!" he cries

"okay Karen." I reply. He then gets up and picks me up off the couch. "Right, you're gonna get tickled. You got any tickles?" George asks. I scream and flail in his arms, to which he jumps - with me in his grasp - on the couch.

"Go on George, break the couch with me on it!" I yell out. George freezes and tries to process what I just said. His face goes fully red this time and he covers his mouth. "Please don't say that again Charlie," he starts, and I realise what it sounded like. He then looks at me,

"but, we're not doing that yet."

*****

✩✰ Another George chapterr. Honestly it seems like he has the best chance with Charlie so far. But we can't forget about soft boi Alex. Oh, and poor Will. ✰✩

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of this book! Emmy will probably update again in the near future! Thank you! - Val

❁I hope you enjoyed this chapter of this book! Emmy will probably update again in the near future! Thank you! - Val❁