1.7

Friday

I groan as I walk out of my final lecture class of the day, Math, with George by my side.

As we walk through the halls together our hands brush off of one another every now and again, which makes my cheeks heat up.

We both walk to the main courtyard and I spot Jayden in the distance. I turn and wave to him, which he returns.

He starts to walk over to me when suddenly some warm arms are wrapped around my body, the person giving me a hug from behind.

I let out a small squeak, "Damn, that was cute Charlie. When you squeaked, I mean," George explains to me.

I hide my face with my hands to cover the obvious blush across my cheeks, "G-George! What are you doing?" I hiss, trying to sound annoyed. When in reality, I was giving it my all not to melt into his hold.

"I dunno. Just wanted to do this I guess, you can be irresistible sometimes," He whispers into my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

I look over to Jayden who was staring at us with a frown, before turning around and walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"George, you can let go now," I point out after another moment of fighting the urge to melt into him.

He lets out a huff, "Fine, but my arms are always open Char," He winks.

I playfully go to slap his arm when he catches my hand and wraps his finger around them.

I freeze for a moment and stare at our intertwined hands, "Jesus Charlie, your hands are freezing," George points out, lifting our hands.

I show him a weak smile and when it's made clear that he isn't letting go, I continue to walk.

*******

I walk through the apartment door behind George, our hands still intertwined.

"George, you can let go now," I whisper.

"I can't hold on for a little longer?" He whines.

"No. The boys might get the wrong idea!" I explain.

For a moment I thought I heard him mumble to himself "That's the idea," but I shrug it off.

"Awh c'mon Charlie, my hands are cold," He pouts, grabbing my other hand so we're facing each other.

"What the fuck?" I whip my head around to see a pissed off looking Alex at the end of the hall.

He's soon joined by Will who echos Alex's words, as well as pulling the same face.

I look over at George who has the biggest smirk plastered across his face as he looks at the two boys.

"What's going on here?" Will asks through clenched teeth.

I drop George's hands, "Nothing, my hands were cold so George was keeping them warm," I explain, now fully facing to two boys.

George wraps his arm around my shoulder, making the boys flinch, "Ah lads, there's no harm with helping a pretty little lady like Char keep warm? After all, the weathers getting colder!" George cooes.

Will grunts and walks off, and Alex mumbles "Wear gloves next time then," as he walks behind Will.

I look up at George and shake my head at him as I laugh, "I have no idea what just happened."

George looks at me and winks, making me blush as I walk into the kitchen, away from him.

*******