1.8

Sunday

I sit on the couch and cross my legs, scrolling through Instagram. Suddenly, I get a notification. I check it and see someone has sent me a DM. I look at the account and realise its Jayden. I smile and accept the DM request.

Jay_Adams: Hey, is this Charlie Beckett?

Im.Charlie.B: Yup

I get up and continue to talk to Jayden, heading to the kitchen to get something to drink. I open the fridge and smile at my phone,

Jay_Adams: I've been looking for your Insta. I really wanted to try talk to you outside of school.

Im.Charlie.B: awe, dork :)

I close the fridge and turn around, then bump into Will. I drop my phone and blink a little, "Oh! Shit! Sorry, Charlie!" Will apologises. I smile and chuckle, "It's alright." I smile. I reach down for my phone, but Will beats me to it.

"Hey! Will!!" I whine, trying to reach for my phone. He holds it up high and grins, "Reach for it." he chuckles. I try and try, only for Will to block me and stick his tongue out at me. "Will!" I whine louder. He laughs.

But he stops when he sees who I'm texting.

"..Will?" I ask. He turns my phone off and puts it in his pocket. "Hey-" I start, but am interrupted as Will pushes me against a wall and he grips my wrists, putting them on either side of me. Will has me pinned against a wall.

"Will-"

"I told you to stay away from him.." he growls, his voice a whisper. A blush creeps onto my face.

"I-"

"Charlie, I don't like you seeing him." he leans close to me, so close I could feel his hot breath against my skin. I look in his eyes and the to the floor. His grip on my wrist doesn't loosen - in fact it gets tighter.

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. "Stay away from him.." he whispers into my ear and buries his face into my neck. I blush more and my breathing becomes a bit heavy, "W-Will..wait.."

He pulls away and removes the grip on me. Will's eyes meet mine and he leans close to me. He softly kisses my forehead and hugs me gently. I slowly hug back and close my eyes, feeling the warmth of his hug. It's different from George's hugs. His grip is strong but warm.

"I just don't want you getting hurt." he mumbles, burying his face in my hair. We stay like that for a few more seconds before I pull away and chuckle nervously. "Jayden wouldn't do that.." I reassure him. Will frowns and shakes his head,

"I've seen boys like him. Just be cautious, Charlie." he says, stroking his thumb against my cheek. I blush and hold his hand, "I will.."

Monday

I walk out of Uni with Jayden. "Your friends have been acting weird.." he says quietly, and I look at him.

"Sorry, are they making you uncomfortable?" I ask, worriedly. Before Jayden could answer, I'm picked up off my feet.

I squeal and realise Will is carrying me bridal style. "Sorry, Charlie. But we need to go. George and Alex got held back and I've got a video to film." he grins at me then looks to Jayden with a smirk. Jayden growls.

I blush and hold onto Will. "W-Will put me down.." I ask him.

"Nope." he says and runs off with me in his arms.

Once we get back to his apartment he sets me down. "Will! What was that!?" I ask, frowning.

"Stop talking to him Charlie." he groans, rubbing his face and getting some alcohol.

I take it off him, "You're not having this." I hiss. He looks at me and growls,
"What're you gonna do about it?" he grunts. I take off the bottle cap with a coin I have in my pocket and start downing the cheap beer.

Will stares at me in disbelief and tries to take the bottle off me, but I turn away and finish the bottle.

He stays silent until a grin spreads across his face and he grabs two more. "Bottoms up."

Will and I spent the next few minutes drinking and then we go to his room to film an oddly satisfying video.

What is this day?

I give low ratings on the videos, probably because I was tipsy. I lean back in the swivel chair and look at Will.

He gets up and sits on his bed, I sit next to him.
"Charlie..," he mutters.

I look at him, "we should kiss.." maybe it's the alcohol talking, he's not really this forward is he..?

I feel my face heat up and I see Will lean in. I lay down on his bed and he towers over me. He leans in to kiss me. I close my eyes and put my hands on his chest.

I feel him breathe steadily and my heart pounds in my ears.

Then my phone rings. Will pulls back and slightly growls. I take my phone and see its George calling me.

I answer.

"Hello-"

"Charlie where are you!? We came home from the apartment and you weren't home yet. We went to your work place, you weren't there!!" George exclaims.

I look at Will who is glaring at my phone. I get up and panic. "S-Sorry, I'm at Will's place-"

"Will's place!?" George shouts. "What!? She's there?? What's she doing there!?" I hear Alex yell from the phone.

"Guys, I'm going back, don't worry-"

"Please come home! And stay on the phone with me so I know nothing is happening to you." George huffs and I hear both of the idiots shuffle around the apartment.

I look at Will and mouth 'sorry' to which he smiles and shakes his head. "It's grand." he says, but I see his smile falter a bit. I wave goodbye to him and make my way home

*****

I got an earful when I came back to the apartment. First Alex hugged me and then George apologised and said to just tell him where I am.

I nod and the two and make my way in my room and sigh. I see that Will uploaded the video and I click on it.

Halfway through the video, I notice something. How had I not seen this..?

Will was holding my hand the whole time..

*****
Not much to say in this one but the tension is kIllIng mE.

I'll see you in the next one!
- Val

♡I'll see you in the next one! ♡- Val