Knock Knock..!

Gelatin's POV (Wow a POV story? That's new!)

I found this door recently. Don't know where it leads to, don't know where it came from.

Doesn't matter.

I go to it everyday to just.. get my feelings out. Talk to it, about my day and what's going on.

Call me crazy, but it feels very relaxing to me.

I feel something in my jacket pocket. It's sticky. I pull it out. It's a piece of chewed up gum.

I snicker. Oh yeah, I forgot that was there. I toss it to the side, into a bush. I dust the stickiness onto my jacket.

Honestly, I've never like my jacket. It doesn't fit me well. It fits me in size, but not in color. It's a blue jacket. Pretty thick one too. But blue is one of my least favorite colors. I like green.

Whatever.

I trudged my way through the snow. I eventually found the door.

It was a very large door. It had some weird symbol on it, and the door was a purple-blue color.

It was strange.

I went up to the door until I was a few inches away from it. I turned around and sat down, leaning on the door.

"Hey. So, not much happened today. Donut got mad at me for being lazy.. again. It was kinda funny this time. He started ranting about he was the only one who did anything around the house." I chuckled. I then sigh. "But not much else happened otherwise. Might as well practice some knock knock jokes. I mean, you are a door." I knock on the door. Sometimes, I feel like I'm going insane, talking to a door. "Knock knock." I wait a few seconds. "Figs.... Figs the doorbell, it's not working." I smile. I love telling bad jokes. Kinda the thing I'm known for around town.

I knock again. "Knock knock..... Needle..... Needle little help here!" I laugh, kicking some of the snow on the ground.

There was a light cover of snow on the ground. Only a few centimeters off the floor.

I knock once more. "Knock knock."

"Who's there?" A feminine voice calls, from the gate.

I am taken aback. I kinda step back and pause. "Amos."

"Amos who?"

"A mosquito's in your house!"

And then she busts out laughing, like it's the best joke she's heard in years. So I keep the jokes coming. After a bit, even she joined in on the fun.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Water."

"Water who?"

"Water you doing telling me jokes? Don't you have something better to do?"

I start laughing, too.

This woman was perfect. She's the first person I've ever met who respects my jokes, who likes them even. And she knows some of her own too.

After a bit of this, I have to go. "Hey, lady."

"Hm?"

"I gotta go. Thanks for cracking jokes with me. I haven't had that much fun in a while. You can have my jacket." I start taking it off. "I don't like it, so you can keep it." I throw it one the ground.

"..." I tense. "Thank you. I will come get it in a bit."

I smile, and silently sigh. "Cool. Is it alright if I come tomorrow?"

"Yes, of course! I haven't talked to anyone like you in forever!"

I grin big. "Alright, see ya tomorrow!" I wave at the door.

Damn, I can wait to come tomorrow.