Thanks, Stranger

Uh oh characters from my object show coming uppp.

-

Black Chess Piece groaned. She was exhausted. She was so exhausted she was using her sword to support herself like a cane. It was 2:54 A.M. and she couldn't bare being up anymore.

Being the only guard on duty made thing hard. She couldn't fall asleep, otherwise the king would kill her. A snore escaped she as her eyes closed. She was aware of her tiredness and shook her head. "Cmon hang in there for a few more hours.." she mumbled to herself.

A sound echoed in her mind as she slumped down. "... H. ...." Her head spun. How did she do this the other two nights?

"Hey." A soft and calm voice greeted her from behind.

She shot up and stood up, holding her sword out at the man that snuck up on her. He had a thick white coat made from sheep's wool. She had never seen him before.

"Wh.. your... Doing here..?" Black Chess Piece asked, exhausted out of her mind.

The man gave her a concerned look and moved closer to her. Usually BCP would kill someone who did that on the spot, but she didn't find the strength to bring her sword up.

He touched the top of her sword and slowly brought it down. BCP dropped it. "Woah there. I think you need to chill out for a bit. You look like you need some serious sleep."

BCP growled very quietly. The intention was to intimidate him, but it obviously didn't work. "Sleep? You.. you think I, the.. warrior this land.. offer.. needs sleep?" Her words were gibberish at this point. She held a weakly rounded fist up to his face.

The man frowned. "You seriously need some rest. I'll guard the gate for you." He picked up the sword.

Chess Piece knelt on the ground in defeat. She was way too tired to keep up anymore. She fell onto the ground. Her face became smudged with cold sand. Before she fixed off she asked one question to the man. "N...Name..?" She whimpered softly.

The man glanced back at her. His expression stayed emotionless. "Charger." He said simply.

That's when Chess Piece closed her eyes and fell asleep.

-

When she woke up the sun was shining brightly into her eyes. She moaned. She did not want to get up right now. But she had work to do.

What she didn't expect when she opened her eyes was to be on a bed, covered in warm, woolly blankets. "Wh..What?" She rubbed her forehead, one eye closed in confusion.

She didn't have her armour on anymore. It was hung up in a closet. All she had on was her black shorts and black tank top. It made her flustered, thinking about what that man could've done with her last night.

She could smell and hear steak grilling. She stepped outside her room she had stayed in and there he was. Charger was cooking up a big steak over a fire. He spun the handle to get a different side of the steak heated.

Chess Piece took a chance to study him, now that she could focus. He didn't have any facial hair and was shorter than her. Even though he was short, he had pretty big muscles. Not to an extent where it would show through his clothing, but to an extent where if you looked hard enough you could see them.  He had a stern and expressionless face plastered on him and had on a white, short sleeved shirt and some gray-dyed wool-made pants on.

She looked out a window. It was partly cloudy out. She could see some fences and animals like sheep and cows.

When she looked back at Charger, he was looking at her, still with a blank face.

She flushed a bit, kinda embarrassed.

She quickly wiped it away and put on a stern face. She marched up to him. He didn't flinch or move while she did. She stood tall over him. He was knelt down next to the fire, keeping track of the steak.

"What did you do last night?" She asked, with a menacing snarl.

The man was still unreadable. He made no movement. Chess Piece found him annoying.

"I brought you in last night. Letting you sleep out in the dirt isn't very humane. A bit after you fell asleep I carried you over here by horse and took off your armour so you wouldn't go hot while sleeping. Then I set you on the bed. You've been asleep for a while, you know." He says, looking back at the juicy steak.

She grunted. "And where's my sword?" She asked, feeling bare without it. He stood up and walked into another room, coming out with a sword. Her sword.

He handed it to her, and she took it. "I thank you for your generosity, Charger, but I have business to get to." She walked back into her temporary room and grabbed her armour, putting it on.

Before she left, Charger called out to her. "If we ever see each other again, ma'am, don't call me Charger. Call me A.P." He says before waving goodbye to her.

BCP "hmph'd" and crossed her arms. Even though she was a bit embarrassed, she was glad he was able to help her.

-

This didn't really have an interesting ending, but whatever. This story comes from a headcanon Tooney had, so I created it! Hope you enjoy!