Is It Really?

Phonograph was frustrated. It was always the same thing with her. "I'm fine."

"It's fine."

"I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine."

Phonograph was tired of hearing the phrase. Coaster kept claiming she was fine when Phonograph could clearly tell she wasn't. "Coaster." She called, seeing Coaster walk by.

Coaster turned her head to face Phonograph. "Yeah?"

"Where are you going?" She asked, noticing Coaster inching to the door of the apartment. She also saw Coaster wearing a winter hat and scarf, along with some light gloves.

Coaster put a hand on the knob. "I'm going shopping, that's all."

"Do you need any help?" Phonograph asked, standing up from her place on the couch.

Coaster laughed a little. "No, no. I-I'm fine, no worries."

Phonograph frowned. "It's always fine with you, isn't it." She crossed her arms.

Coaster was confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Phonograph groaned. "You always tell me you're fine, I'm sick of hearing it."

Coaster stared at her with confusion, thinking about what she meant. She drew a blank.

Phonograph rolled her eyes. "Coaster, you realize I can't help you if you're always 'fine,' right?"

Coaster nervously smiled. "Well yeah, cause I am fine."

Phonograph pointed at her. "You are clearly not!" She shouted.

Coaster took a step backwards so her back was against the apartment door. "What..?"

Phonograph moved closer to Coaster. "Coaster, I'm tired of hearing you say you're fine. I want to help you!"

Coaster flushed in embarrassment. She didn't know what to do or what to say. She had never been in this situation. "B-But I-"

"Don't you dare say that." Phonograph cut her off. She walked all the way up to her and grabbed Coasters shoulders. Coaster put her hands up, worried something was gonna happen. "Coaster, let me help you." She said. The assertiveness surprised Coaster.

Coaster nervously giggled and avoided eye contact, looking around at different objects around the apartment. "Eheh.. I mean.. s-sure." She said with uneasiness.

"Alright, good. I'll grab some winter gear. Wait for me in my car, get in the passenger seat." She ran to her room.

Coaster didn't fight her and walked outside, heading towards Phonograph's car. She tried opening the passenger door, but it was locked, so she leaned against the hood of the car.

A few minutes pass and Phonograph walks outside and meets Coaster, who is looking around at the small snowflakes falling. Phonograph noticed the windshield had most of the snow wiped off of it. That's sweet of Coaster. Coaster noticed her coming. The two didn't need to say anything as Phonograph unlocked the car and the two got in.

Phonograph started the car and used the windshield wipers to remove the last bits of snow. She pulled out of the parking lot and onto a highway. "Which store do you want to go to?" She asked.

"I was gonna go to Cub Foods." Coaster says.

Phonograph nods, heading in the direction.

There were a few minutes of silence. "Coaster." Phonograph finally speaks.

Coaster tilts her head a little to look at Phonograph, who had her eyes on the road. "Yeah?" She replies quietly back.

"Why don't you share your problems with me?"