Shoji Mezo x reader pt 2

Okay so just for the record. The coffee date was great. So great in fact that we graduated and are still going strong today. Even though we're both hero's with unprintable schedules we make it work.
"Sorry babe, I got the late patrol tonight but I'll be home tomorrow morning." I told my long time boyfriend and fellow hero Mezo.
"It's fine really, just be careful alright?" He asked.
"Of course I always am, love you." I told him.
"Love you too." He said.
I hung up and continued my patrol.
Since me and Mezo work for the same agency sometimes every patrol together, but since schedules are so unpredictable it's the only time I get to see him much anymore. I'm sure he feels the same way.
I've got a feeling that I wasn't helping as much as I thought I would in high school. I just mainly patrol I haven't been on a mission two years. There the ground started to shake. I remember this feeling from a few months ago.
Shockwave the earthquake villain. He can send a shockwave through things as large as apartment buildings.
"Everyone get i it of the area! Stay in an open place!" I told a small group of people. As I saw a crumbling building.
Everyone's home now. If I don't get them out they'll die.
I turned on my walkie talkie.
"I need assistance on (street name) stat. The villain shockwave is active." I told anyone that was listening before running to the building. In my years in high school I discovered I Can make an electro magnetic force field, which is definitely handy now. I ran inside to some people running out. I ran to the top floor. I'll scan through the rooms top to bottom to make sure I don't miss anyone.
"Everyone get up hurry! This is an emergency!" I yelled banging on doors until people got out.
"Help!" I heard a shriek.
I ran to an apartment to see a woman stuck under some boulders. Her young son trying to help her.
I dove down and lifted the rubble with my legs enough so she could wiggle out.
"Get out of here, there are still people I need to help." I told her running out. I was almost to the bottom floor when the roof started to cave in. I saw a few hero's at the door but they were unable to get it. I was surrounded by rubble now. Only a matter of time before I was crushed.
"Everyone's out of the building except h/n!" I heard someone yell.
"Y/n!" I heard Mezos voice.
"I'm okay! Just a little stuck!" I yelled as the pocket of air got smaller. A rock landed on my arm. To keep everything from falling on my I had to use my field.
"Okay now I'm not so fine." I groaned in pain.
"You can't go in there!" I heard someone yell.
No response.
My field flickered from fatigue and a boulder landed in my leg.
"Ah!" I yelled.
Some of the boulders were being removed from the top of my bubble. I saw multiple sets of arms.
"Mezo what the hell are you doing here you're gonna get yourself killed!" I told him.
All the rubble was off my field and I got rid of it completely. Air flooded my lungs something I didn't know I was lacking.
He carefully removed the rocks on top of me. Then picked me up and carried me out the small doorway.
There was already a police barrier set up.
The medics checked me out and put my arm in a sling. My leg was fine for the most part. They wanted to take me to the hospital but to me honest I just wanted to go home. Shoji drove our car here, he helped me into the passenger seat and got into the drivers side.
It was a silent ride other then him telling me.
"You scared me, I'm glad you're okay, don't do that again especially without backup." Just him telling me to be careful in a bunch of different ways.
He helped me inside and sat me on the couch.
"Come here." I said outstretching my good arm. He sat next to me and I leaned my head into his chest.
"You scared the hell out of me." He told me.
I'd never seen him truly scared like that. Even in high school against the league of villains he was calm and collected.
"I know and I'll be careful, but it comes with the job." I told his playing with his large fingers, twirling them with mine.
"I Ah, I was going to ask you something it then you had to work late." He said.
"Well I'm here now, what is it?" I asked.
"Y/n, when we met in high school I was like woah, I love this girl and I can't imagine my life without you." He said looking at our hands.
I stayed silent. He doesn't talk much so I didn't want to interrupt him. He was using his real mouth. He started doing that around summer vacation of our first year of high school. Now he just uses him mouth. But he still wears a mask.
"We've talked about it before. And I just want to make it official." He told pulling out a ring with a cute little diamond on it.
I looked up at him with bright eyes.
"Will you marry me?" He asked very shyly.
He's so cute.
"Yes, we were practically getting married anyway but now I can show off the ring." I laughed pulling down his mask.
Yes I've seen him many times without his mask. He doesn't sleep in the thing.
He looks really cute without it. He has pointy teeth, and he says he looks like a dinosaur but I don't see it.
I pecked his lips and he took my hand and slid the ring into it. I could tell he was being reallt careful not to drop it. His hands are so big he has trouble holding small objects it's absolutely adorable.
"I love you, you're the best." I hugged him.
I have known him for almost half my life. We're 25 now.
He put his hand on my cheek. (Or the whole side of my head but I'm sure he was aiming for the cheek.) and kissed my forehead.