Bakugo x shy reader "alrighty then"

Notes
————————
I'm shy 👉👈🥺
😂
This was a suggestion but idk who it was so like, thanks dude you're a real one.
I also tried a new writing style and I really like it so enjoy.
—————————

Y/n was shy, that's basically it. Her quirks pretty average, she has super agility. So she decided she was going to learn a bunch of martial arts and become a ninja pro hero. All those years of watching Naruto weren't for nothing.

She could kick some ass, that's something everyone knew but she was so timid when she wasn't fighting, people from other classes thought she was fun to mess around with. She was ignorant to some of things, but not to people picking on her. She could read your vibe and kill you with kindness.

Someone that respected her from afar, is Bakugo Katsuki. Yes, the explosive hotheaded maniac of a hero in training had a crush on the timid, sweet, shy, girl. Who could read you like a book.

Well she couldn't read Bakugo, which scared her. It wasn't his personality or loud demeanor that made her shake when he walked into the room. It was her inability to tell what he was feeling, since he was so unpredictable she decided to keep her distance.

Since Bakugo was just bad at feelings all together, he thought he was too loud or scary and that's why y/n stayed her distance. No ones made him think about himself that way before. At least in a bad way and he hated it.

So when he saw her alone in the hallway struggling to open to locker due to her shaking hands after getting a glance of him from the corner of her eye, he speed walked over.

"Is he angry, like more then normal? I can't tell." She thought as she finally unlocked her locker and swung the door between herself and the boy.

"Hey." Bakugo said in a more demanding then usual tone.
So many scenarios went through the girls head her hands shook as she grabbed her books.
"Yes Bakugo?" She asked not daring to look the boy in the eye. She cursed at herself for the voice crack but that was the least of her problems.

"Do you hate me?" He asked, finally y/n actually breathed and looked over at him in confusion. He was still wearing his usual glare but his eyes didn't look nearly as mean.

"What's that suppose to mean, I hate you? Of course not." She said obviously, wondering where the hell something like that came from. Why would he even care about that?

"Am I scary." He asked, in the same tone. Which is something, again not what y/n was expecting.

"Of course you're scary."

"Do I scare you?"

"Yes but not for the reason you're thinking." Y/n told him gently closing the locker door.

Bakugo watched as she did this, even the way she closed her locker made his heart flutter, and that's why y/n ignoring him pissed him off.

"Then why?" He asked demandingly.

A bead of sweat ran down from the girls temple to her jaw. Wanting to ease the tension one could cut with a knife she said.

"It's your vibe." She told him, staring him dead in the eye. She almost wanted to laugh but she didn't want him to think she was making fun of him.

"You think that's funny?" He asked, he wanted to yell at her but he didn't want to scare her off.

"Absolutely not, I'm serious." She said trying to look confident. Which failed but Bakugo saw the effort.

He gave a deadpan look that signaled an explanation.
She sighed not wanted her to seem like some crazy psychic. Reading vibes isn't the most normal thing to say.

"I get a certain vibe of people and I can tell what they're feeling, but I can't tell what you feel and it weirds me out." She said honestly. Drumming her fingers against her binder wanting this whole thing to be over with.

"It weirds you out, I don't want someone reading my vibe." He said offended.

"Well lucky you because I don't want your damn vibe anyway." She said sassily. Then regretting it seeing as to who she was talking to.
But instead of him freaking out and getting offended he smirked.

Blush flooded her cheeks not sure if this is a pleasant surprise or not. She's never really seen Bakugo smile at anything other then Midoryia falling down the stairs.

"Want to go out sometime?" He asked. The smirk still plastered on his face.

Shocked, y/n started to choke on air.
"What?" She coughed trying to catch her breath as Bakugo literally scared it out of her.

"Want to go out with me? Like after school or something." Bakugo finally listening to what he was saying, he looked away with a little blush on his face.

"Why?" She asked, trying to figure out what happened leading up to this moment, trying to figure out if this is a dream.

"Because I find you interesting, and if you can't read my vibe or whatever you do, then I'll be interesting too." He said as a matter of factly.

They stood there for a good 15 seconds before the girl answered. She's never thought of him that way but since he asked and he's being somewhat sweet.

"Sure, I'm free after school if that's okay." She said blushing looking in the direction of the window, seeing that it was cloudy.

"Yeah alrighty then." Bakugo said.

"Alrighty?! Out of fucking everything you could say you said alrighty that's totally a normal thing to say nice going." He thought to himself.

Y/n payed no attention to Bakugo's "alrighty then." And pinched herself instead because she was almost sure she was dreaming.

Bakugo stood there feeling rather awkward as she stared off into space. He didn't want to interrupt whatever what happening because he actually really liked her and wanted her to think he wasn't the douche bag he presents himself as.

"Alright then, want to walk to class? I think we're late."

And that they did, and yes they were late.

When they walked into the classroom Mina was of course the first to notice the pair.
Mina at the beginning of the year basically adopted y/n as her own shy introvert and y/n went along with it.

"Holy shit Bakugo asked me out, and said 'alrighty then'."