April fools| shoji x reader

It was the day you hated most, April fools. As a child, friends from grade school pulled some mean pranks on you and ruined the holiday for you all together. If you could you'd probably just erase it from Your calendar and pretend it doesn't exist. But seeing the people you go to class with, you're sure to get a hand shake shock or a scare from Mina.
Of course that meant nothing by it, it's supposedly be all in good fun. But you've always been bad at reading people and have a hard time telling if people are being sarcastic or not. It's usually not a problem but in April fools the day of joking days. It's become one.
You woke up an hour ago but haven't got up, as soon as you walk through your doorway there might be clear plastic wrap there or someone getting ready to scare you. Even though you were practically starving. There was a knock at your door.
It's probably Kaminari or sero or someone else trying to scare me.
I decided to ignore them hoping they'd just let you sleep through April fools day.
There was another knock. It felt pretty high up on the door, it was probably sero then, kaminari isn't super tall.
"What is it?" You asked a little quieter then you meant to. Your voice was dry and horse.
"I'm just checking to see if you're alright, you're not usually one to sleep in." You heard Shoji, a good friend of yours. Maybe one of the only people You could trust besides tokoyami who also doesn't like the holiday that much.
You also had no idea what time it was, you weren't checking your phone, instead starting at your wall seemed like a better activity, even your old friends from middle school are trying to prank you through text message. You walked up to the door and opened it. You guess You were being paranoid, no plastic wrap to be seen.
You opened it wide enough to see that it really was the tall 6 armed boy. You opened it completely after that.
"Hey, I wanted to see how you're doing, you're not really one to sleep in." He commented
"Wait what time is it?" You asked rubbing your face, the lights had been off and the now on lamps in the hallway were making you squint.
"Almost 11." He told me.
"That's not to bad, it's a Saturday after all." You told him.
"You went to bed pretty early last night, are you alright?" He asked looking a little concerned.
"Yeah I'm fine, it's just, April fools and I hate being tricked." You said honestly signaling into the room with your hand. Then walking over to the bed where you patted a space next to you as you hugged on if you're manny pillows and threw you comforter over yourself.
"Is that why you haven't left your room?" He asked after closing the door and sitting down.
"Yeah, I was really gullible as a kid and people liked to play tricks on me when it wasn't even April fools." I told him.
"What kind of pranks?" He asked.
"Well one year, a few older kids locked me in a closet and left me there for the teacher to find me, I didn't know who they were because I was so young, another time the same group scared me with a gorilla mask." You said twiddling your thumbs underneath the blanket with your head hung low.
He took a short pause before wrapping a set of arms around you.
"Well you still need to eat, I'll make sure no one bothers you alright?" He looked at you cocking his head to the side.
"Yeah alright, give me a minute though." You said leaning into his side. Shoji is extremely warm, and with the weather being so windy and you being cold anyway, it was like 6 armed heaven. This isn't the first time you've used him for warmth, sometimes walking home from class it would start snowing and he'd wrap his arms around you and walk you home.
After a few minutes the both of you stood up and you pulled on a sweatshirt that was about a size to big for you and started downstairs.
He still had some arms wrapped around you while you did this, eventually you came to a door that was slightly agar.
You retreated further back into him before pushing the door open with your foot.
And as you expected a prank was set up for you. A bat on a string fell and hung from the ceiling.
"Oh fooie! I really though that would work this time!" You heard Mina wine as you both walked past the bat. You think it was made for your height because it was just above your head and Shoji had to dodge it completely.
You were getting your breakfast as Kaminari walked up to you.
"Hey! Y/n how are you?" He asked excitedly.
You raised an eyebrow. He was always friendly to you, but you'd never talk that this with him.
Shoji, seeing this and some other people with hair shot up figured the yellow haired boy was going to shock you. From behind you, while you couldn't see it Shoji was glaring the electric boy down. Kaminari noticed this and quickly ended your conversation looking for his next victim.
You shrugged it off walking over to a seat in the dining area and sitting down. Shoji followed and sat right next to you. Making sure he has an extra ear and eye out at all times.
"Shoji I think it's alright, I'm sure they've gotten that we don't like pranks." You told him as you ate. He nodded but of course didn't stop surveying. That's Shoji for you. Always very couscous.
While eating the two of you had decided to go to the park where surly no one would prank you. The two of you made your way to the door three of Shojis arms around you like a blanket.
Something jumped out, causing you to fall backwards into Shoji. Feeling pathetic you felt a few tears swell In your eyes. It was sero, pulling off a gorilla mask.
"April fools!" He said with a few other people who you're sure were in on the prank.
Pretending as if he didn't scare you half to death you said.
"Funny, it really got me, good one." You ended up sounding sad and unamused. The opposite of what you actually tried to sound like. Shoji's arms tightened around you.
"Oh sorry l/n are you alright?" Sero asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine really, I just don't really like pranks." You told him.
"If I knew that-."
"It's really fine, it was funny." You let out a dry laugh.
You waved as Shoji convinced you to go outside and not go hide in your room, as you were walking out a small tear rolled down your cheek.
Shoji saw this and wiped it away,
"I'm sorry, I should have been paying attention." He said looking at you.
You felt your heart flutter as his thumb rubbed the tear off of your face.
"It's alright, it's what's today's for." You told him smiling softly.
He took a second hand and rubbed it through your hair, smoothing it out. You're sure it looked like a mess from falling into him. Then he took both hands and placed them at your jaw.
"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked.
You nodded firmly as you continued your walk to the park. Once you were there you found a secluded bench away from any potential trouble makers.
It was obvious Shoji cared for you, even you know it. What you don't know is that he loves you, like really loves you. Since he saw you he couldn't help but feel drawn to you. The way you talk, the way you walk, even the way you look when you're just staring off into space. He loves how you draw on your notes instead of actually writing them down. How loves how strong you are but he still gets to protect you.
He loves you.
And he wants to tell you, right now.
"Hey, I want to tell you something." He said turning to you.
Your heart rate quickened as he said this, you weren't sure what he was going to say but it's probably important.
"I hate seeing you like that, you're usually, you know happy. And-." He trailed off.
He usually doesn't talk to much, so you weren't about to interrupt him.
"I love you." He put his hands over yours and squeezed.
He's never said something like that to anyone before.
"Huh?" You said, trying to think about those three simple words are throwing you off.
Is this his idea of a prank? God I hope not.
"I know its sudden, but I've felt this way for a while now, and now that we're alone I thought I should tell you." He said hoping for you to say something back.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner then?" You reached up and wrapped your arms around his neck hugging him.
"You mean you feel the same way?" He asked into your ear.
"Of course I do, jezz and I thought you were observant."