Iida | great

Thank you to @GravityFallsDipper for requesting this it was so much fun to write!!

Hey Iida! Are going to the park with us
tonight?" I asked my friend as we walked to the dorms from class.
"No I have to study." He said to me.
"Come one man! It's Friday you can't possibly get out of all of my plans by saying you have to study! We didn't even learn anything today it was just review." I told him walking backwards in front of him. Which is a bad idea. I have horrid posture and balance.
"I don't want to get caught doing something I shouldn't be doing l/n." He told me.
"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked.
"You don't exactly have the best track record of the class. Even worse then your brothers." He told me.
"Don't bring my brother into this, if you're implying that I'm a problem child, then you're correct but I don't want to regret not doing fun stuff when I'm old and wrinkly." I told him.
"There's a difference between fun, and wrong." He chopped.
I hate when he does that.
"No ones gotten hurt."
"No one else, has gotten hurt. You broke your finger climbing in a tree after hours."
"But I don't count it was my idea."
"That's not how that works l/n."
"You could at least come with me to make sure I don't start a fight club or something."
He almost laughed. I almost got him. His smile quickly went serious again.
"If I come do you promise not to do irresponsible things anymore?" He asked.
"I swear." I told him.
"Alright then, who's coming?" He asked.
"Sero, my brother, and I think Jiro." I told him.
That's when I tripped over myself, iida is fast so he caught me but it doesn't mean it wasn't completely embarrassing. And I don't even know why I was embarrassed. He saves me from stuff all the time.
"Watch yourself next time." He said pulling me up.
"Yeah." I swallowed still making eye contact. 
My heart fluttered.
What was that?! Am I having a heart attack?
I looked away and kept walking.
Once we got to the dorms I changed into some black jeans a white shirt and my black and white jacket. I pulled on some black and white adidas. Yes adidas stop judging me.
We were gonna meet In the common room at 4, it's 3:45. I texted iida.
I went down.
"By the way guys Iida's coming." I told the group.
They looked at me funny.
"I don't know why you try to invite him to these things. He seems like he'd ruin the mood." Sero said.
"What mood? He's our friend."
"He is, but I feel like he's a little intense." Denki told me.
"I think it'll be fine. He'll keep y/n out of trouble. Remember the fence incident?" Jiro said patting my shoulder.
"Surprisingly Yea." I laughed.
Iida came into the common room with jeans and a tee shirt. I didn't expect him to dress so casually, or not it dad shorts.
What were you expecting? It's not like he's going to wear a tux to goof off in the park.
I scolded myself for such a stupid thought.
"Looks like we're all here. Let's go." I said plainly walking to the door.
We were about halfway there when I saw a turtle. Like a little box turtle.
"Oh my god it's so cute!" I yelled at a pitch I didn't think could come out of my mouth.
"AH! You scared me!" Denki told me.
"But look!" I said sitting cross legged by the turtle. It looked at me.
"It looked at me oh my god." I cooed.
"Not again. Last time you saw a mouse and wanted to take it to the dorms." Jiro told me.
"But it's a turtle. Look at it. Wait, what's it doing?" I said standing up. The damn turtle was floating.
"Wait, animals can get quirks right?" Sero commented.
I started running around and the turtle followed me.
"Can I please keep him!?" I turned to Iida with the turtle in my arms.
"No!" Denki yelled.
"I wasn't asking you!" I told him.
Iida just stood there.
"Well I'm gonna keep him. Wait how do I tell?"
I pulled out google and looked it up.
"Okay yeah it's a he." I told them.
"You are not keeping that." Denki said.
"Says who? Koda has a rabbit." I told him.
"Because that turtle has a quirk, he could be dangerous." Iida commented.
"Nope I'm keeping him, come on, uh. Blimp." I said naming the turtle.
"God." Sero said facepalming.
Eventually everyone warmed up to my shelled friend. Aizawa lets Koda have a rabbit. So I should get to have a turtle right? That's how that works.
"Come here!" I yelled from across a soccer field. The turtle speedily flew in my direction and right into my shoulder.
I grabbed him and made sure He didn't hit the ground.
"Easy dude, you almost decapitated me!" I told Blimp.
"See, he's dangerous." Iida said helping me up.
"He was just playing around. See his so nice" I said petting him.
"That was crazy!" Denki yelled from about 100 meters away.
"Yeah I know!" I gave him a thumbed up.
"Want to pet him?" I asked.
"No." Iida told me.
"Why not. He reminds me of a dog." I told him.
"You should really put him back where you found him." Iida told me.
"Not gonna happen buddy." I told iida putting blimp on my head.
He rolled his eyes.
It was almost curfew so we had to get back to the dorms.
"This was really fun" I commented as we walked through the door.
"It better be, you still have to convince Aizawa to let you keep that turtle." Sero said.
"Whatever." I said holding blimp in my arms.
I asked tsuyu where Aizawa was.
"I think he's talking to Todoroki about something on the 2nd floor." She told me.
"Thanks, this is my turtle." I told her.
She just watched as I waddled time the elevator with my turtle in hand. Nice. The elevator opened to reveal Aizawa.
"Mr. Aizawa! I found a turtle can I keep him?" I asked.
"What?" He said.
"I found, a turtle, can I, keep him?" I said a little slower.
"Sure knock yourself out." He said walking past me.
"Thanks." I told him letting blimp fly beside me.
He looked back.
"Wait." He said.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Is that turtle flying?" He asked.
"No, you're just tired go take a nap."
And that's what he did.
I saw Iida looking at me from beside the wall. Wide eyed.
"Hi." I waved.
"Did you just lie to him about your turtle?"
"He has a name and yes."
We talked casually and he scolded me for lying.
Over the next few weeks me and iida aren't just close friends. We're best friends. It's weird. The trouble child and class president. Sounds like a lame original story off if wattpad. Which I don't read. Loser.
Anyway I got house arrest for staying out till 1 in the morning. Iida. Who just so happened to be sick accompanied me.
"You should really leave me alone l/n. I'd hate to get you sick." He told me.
"Eh, I'm already stuck here for two days anyway, may as well conversate." I told him plopping onto the couch next to him.
"Don't you want to hang out with Blimp instead?"
"Yeah I do! Blimp!" I called for my flying turtle. I'll never get used to seeing him fly around the corner. I taught him how to open doors and use the elevator. Sick.
"Now I can hang out with both of my favorite organisms." I told Him as blimp day on my lap.
We were not this peachy at the beginning of the school year. He actually probably hated me for all the shit I pulled. Just little irritating pranks like taking the ink cartridge out of his pens. I always gave them back.
One time I did scare him on the way to class. His yell is deeper then his normal voice it was so funny.
We had this rival thing going on then frenemies then friends now best friends.
"Hey, l/n. I need to talk to you about something." He told me.
"Okay Mr. serious. What is it?" I asked looking at him. He has a red nose and puffy eyes. This is the first time I've seen him without his glasses. It's almost distracting how different he looks. And it's not even bad.
"You need to stop getting yourself into trouble. Anymore missing school due to your behavior will put you behind. I don't want to see you fail."
He's worried about me? Stop! He has his own things to worry about.
It's not like I like getting into trouble. I've jsut never had a thing. I was pretty boring up until my last year of middle school. This is way better then being the "nice girl" I don't just want to be nice I want to be the be the spunky borderline chaotic girl everyone wants to be friends with.
"Don't worry about it." I told him.
A few days later we were walking in the park. This time alone. Hakgakare wanted to watch blimp.
And over the past few weeks I have realized, feelings. Not just any feelings. I think I love Iida. Which is not fair at all. I don't even know if he's capable of romantic love, dude.
I haven't even like, shown him I'm not a complete problem child. It's just an act I put up. 
"Iida, I need to talk to you." I told him stopping by a tree.
I could tell he was surprised at my sudden calmness. Not particularly known for being quiet.
Don't be weird down be weird down be weird.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Well, uh. So. Iida I really like you." I told him looking at the ground.
"I like you too, you're one of my closest friends-."
"No Iida, not as friends. I'm not sure why. It's just, I like you, like a love like." I told him.
Okay he definitely looked surprised.
"Oh."
"I know you probably don't feel the same because well, my reputation. I just couldn't hide it any longer.." I told him rubbing my arms. It wasn't cold. I'm just extremely nervous.
"I didn't think you felt that way. Now I feel a little bit stupid." He told me.
"Don't feel stupid! I'm good at acting like that whole delinquent thing, I'm sorry, for lying about all that it was mainly peer pressure in the beginning." I told him sheepishly.
"No, I like you a lot, too. It's just I didn't think you'd ever feel the same. We've just never been similar at all." Iida told me.
"We don't have to be super similar to like each other, even though that opposites attract thing, thats complete shit." I told him.
He laughed instead of scolding me for my language.
I just realized he said he liked me too.
Oh.
"So, also, I don't just like you." I told him feeling brave.
"Hm?" He tilted his head.
"I love you." I squeaked.
His face turned red, he was trying to talk but word weren't coming out.
"I just, you always know what to do even when everyone else freezes up, you lead the class so well. I want to be like you more then anything else." I continued.
"How long have you felt this way?" He asked.
"Well, a few weeks I think, it's all kinda a blurry mess." I confessed.
"I loved you since I first saw you." He said.
That was so cheesy, I'm melting.
"What?" I asked wide eyed.
"Sorry if that was forward. I know this is so cliche but it's true." He told me, still a blushing mess.
"Well, that's convenient." I mumbled.
"Yes it is."
"Well, do you want to go on a date, sometime because thats what two people that like each other do." I told him.
"Yes that would be nice." He blushed.
"Great."
"Great."

I loved writing that last bit so much.
Thanks for 11k reads and 300 upvotes!