Chapter 2: Ian Finds His Surprise

I dial his number into my phone. It rings. Please pick up, pick up. "Ian! I was just about to call you! Happy birthday man!" I hear his cheery voice, which is obvious that he's grinning from ear to ear. "Thanks..." I say a bit happy at first which slowly becomes more distant. "Ian? Are you alright there?" "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, don't worry about it." "Okay? Anywho, when you're done celebrating with your parents, then come back over to our place! I got a surprise for you." Me and Anthony share a small apartment together. It's nothing much, but it's a home I guess. "Awh, Anthony, you didn't have to-" "Nope! I wanted to! So you're getting y surprise whether you like it or not." I sigh in defeat, a smile growing at how great of a friend Anthony was. "Thank you so much," I beam. "No problem." "I'll be over in twenty minutes, okay?" "Mhm!" Anthony hums. "See you there!" We both exclaim in unison, chuckling afterwards. I hang up.

-TIME SKIP-

I'm finally here. Ugh, traffic was awful. I shove my hand in my pocket. Dammit, i forgot my keys. I knock on the door lightly, but loud enough for Anthony to hear. Anthony swings the door wide open. He's dressed in a Legend of Zelda T-Shirt, jeans and a grey beanie. As usual. A delightful smell tickles my nose, but I can't quite recall what the familiar smell is or what it would come from.  "Hi!" Anthony embraces me quickly, his face completely lit up. My expression softens at the sight of him and I wrap my arms around him as well. "Happy birthday!" He grins, kissing the top of my forehead. Yeah, we have a pretty strange friendship. But guess what. If I fucking want to give him a friend kiss on the cheek because I generally love him, then I fucking will. Don't get me wrong, we're only friends. But we cuddle and give each other little kisses and all that shit. "Thanks Anthony, but it's really not a big de-" "Of course it's a big deal! You're eighteen now!" "So are you!" I chuckle. "Someone's in a good mood today," Anthony teases me, pulling away from our hug and ruffling my hair. "Oh right! Your surprise! Come on in," he steps aside. I walk in and he closes the door behind me. Anthony rushes to the kitchen. I take another whiff of air. Baking. Something to do with baking. I inhale the heavenly smell once more. I didn't know Anthony could bake...You learn something new everyday I guess. I walk into the kitchen and I see an obviously homemade cake with lots of vanilla frosting on top of it. In big letters, it says: "Happy B-Day" "Awwwh! Thank you so much!" I hug him tightly.  "No problem bud. Now let's eat this shit!" Anthony exclaims, rushing to go and get forks. "No plates?" "Nah, it's just gonna be the two of us anyways." That's the way it's always been. Anthony and I. Me and Anthony. Anthony and Ian. Ian and Anthony. Ianthony. Nah, that sounds weird. Let's just keep it as Ian and Anthony. You almost never see us apart. We're one of those best friends who you never ever see apart. We go to almost everything together. If you like one of us, you have to like both of us...otherwise, you're not worth our time. I know this is a small rant in my head, but I guess that's the way it's always been. I take the fork in hand and take a bite of the cake. My eyes widen and my entire face lights up. "This is delicious!" "Yay! I can cook!" Anthony exclaims happily, before taking a bite of the cake as well. "You got lucky," I tease him, kissing his cheek before taking another huge bite of cake. This is extremely nice of him. Especially because neither of us cook, like....almost ever. Anyways, like I was saying. This is incredibly nice. Maybe I'm being so thankful because neither of us usually get anything for the other person on their birthday. No matter what, he's an amazing friend.

(A/N) CHAPTER TWO. I did it ^_^ ...kinda

Sorry for it being so short, I promise I'll make the next chapters longer!

I'm hungry as shit so I'mma go get food.

QOTD: What are you thankful for? (as it is Thanksgiving...and if you're not from America then well...um, idk what to say) I'M THANKFUL FOR IANTHONY AND PHAN AND ALL MY OTHER OTPS

What I should have called the chapter: #nohomo #wellyeshomo #butnotwithyou