Chapter 3: Welcome to Hell, please enjoy your stay

You are running.

Running from the Monsters. From those Things, those Creatures. You have no idea where you are, you have never seen those Hallways or those Levels from the Studio before. You just wanted to escape, or you tried atleast. All of this started with a letter from your former Boss, Joey Drew.

He said he wanted to Show you something in the old Workshop. You wanted to stay at Home, wanted to ignore his request. But you thought you could visit him one last time, you thought you should atleast have the guts to look him in the eyes for the last time. Hell, he is over 80 or 82 by now, you thought he just wanted to see one of his former employees before he would kick the bucket. You could Hit yourself if you wouldnt currently run for your life right now.

You are running down the Hallway, a Axe in your right Fist, your trusty and only Weapon in this godforsaken place. You see a Door on your right only a few meters further, you could breach the Door and Hide inside if you only...

SSCCRRREEEEEEEEEEEECCCCHHH

Oh no.

It freed itself.

You didnt waste any time, you reached the Door, kicked it open, closed and locked it right behind you. You put your Hand on your mouth, you try to calm yourself, until you could hear it right behind the Door.
You slowly walked away from the Door, now facing it. Your smile turned into a insane one, "I have a surprise for you if you open that Door, come on, lets make things entertaining." You thought as you slowly raised your Axe, now grabing it with both of your Hands. You can hear the flickering of its Camerahead, its heavy footsteps, observing the now empty Hallway. It stood there for a while, the seconds becoming hours, then it walked away again. You still stand there on your spot.

Would it come back?
Is this a trick?

You relaxed after a few minutes, slowly leaning against the wall, then sliding down on the floor, breathing heavily. You put your Axe on the ground, your Heart started to calm down. What was that? Was this a Human?
Is THIS was Joey wanted to show you?
A cursed, inky, godforsaken Hell version of your former Workplace? Everything escalated so fast. You leaned your Head against the wall and remembered what happened today.

Joey Drew Studios: A few hours earlier

Something wasnt right as you reached the reception of the Studio, like, why is the projector on? Why is Ink flowing through the Pipes? Was this what Joey wanted to show you? Did he want to revive the Studio?
You were walking through the Hallways and opened sections of the old Workshop trying to find your former Boss, but you couldnt find him, until you found a giant Room at the end of a Hallway. That part was always "Under Consruction" in the old days, you did know that. And you know that this had something to do with Joeys "Secret Project".
And you found out that you were right.
Right infront of you hanging from the ceiling was Joeys well hidden Project, his creation, a enormous machine, it looked like Joey had ripped it straight out of a Nightmare.

"

Well, well, well. Now THIS is your "secret little project", Joey. I am impressed. Really i..." you paused.
You walked to a ink puddle right under the tube of the Ink Machine. The puddle was inside a pentagram, and inside that puddle were drawings. Or outlines of Characters to be more precise. "Wait. Those outlines, they look like... My old drawings?!"
You had many questions right now.
Why are your old drawings here?
Why is there a ink pentagram on the floor? Who is breathing in your neck?

Wait.

You got pushed into the hole under the Ink Machine before you could see your attacker and landed on your current Level.
You had no idea what was going on so you decided to leave this place as fast as possible. You were walking through the ink flooded Hallways and found your current and only Weapon on a wall holder. You had experience with nearly all kinds of melee weapons since your wild years in New York City. But again, your old Mafia days are a Story for a other day.

You needed to find a staircase or a ladder or something like that. And you needed to be careful since you are not alone in this Studio, but you are asking yourself, who was that? Was it Joey? Why the pentagram? Did he used your Art for some kind of messed up Ritual?
Why was there just the outline of your Characters? This is not a Pinocchio Story where your Characters just turn to life, right?

You were lost in your thoughts before you stopped in your tracks. You saw something. Something was moving inside the ink. You raised your Axe, ready to attack whatever would come out.

Splat

A wierd looking ink creature just spawned a few feet infront of you. It had no legs, two long arms and a faceless head, it started to crawl towards you. On instinct, you swung your Axe downwards, hittin and destroying its head. The creature, the "Crawler", dissapeared into nothingness. You thought you were victorious, but the sound of other spawned Crawlers proved you otherwise. Now there were more of them, but you just smiled, grabbed your Axe again with both hands and said, "Now this is going to be really entertaining." You striked them down one by one until something odd happened. They dissapeared.
Did you scare them?
But little did you know that the sound of your "entertainment" attracted something else, something bigger. Your hallway was suddenly enlightend. You turned around and saw one of the most disturbing things you saw so far.
That creature was way taller then you, and the head of that thing was a old Movieprojector. The light nearly blinded you, you know you had no chance against that thing in a one versus one battle. You needed a plan and you needed one now.
You had the feeling that time slowed down around you. You looked around, maybe there was something you could use against that thing. And there was.
Right to your left, the wood bearer looked almost completely broken and the ceiling above you nearly collapsed under the weight of all the ink above you. You've had an idea.
You hitted the bearer with all of your might with your Axe, and your Plan worked, the bearer broke and the ceiling broke with it. The Creature was now trapped and you had a Chance to escape.

And now you are here.
You opened your eyes again. You looked around. You were inside a bathroom.
A few toilets to your left and the sinks on your right. You tried to relax a bit, "Breath in, count to four, breath out, count to four." You grabed your Axe again and stood up, then you walked to the sinks and washed your hands and your face. You looked at yourself at the mirror. "Smile (Y/N). Nothing gets better if you start to frown." You thought and started to smile again. It was a thin, light smile, not your usual one, but it wasnt that bad. You really need a break after what happened today.

You walked at the Door. Your Axe again in your fist. You slowly opened the Door and walked outside, carefully. "I've had worse, i survived the Police and the other Mafia gangs in NYC. I WILL survive." You think to yourself before you descend further into the dephs of this Hell.