Chapter 19: Unforeseen consequences

BOSSFIGHT

What is the most rarest thing inside Joey Drew Studios? In this corrupted, cursed, forgotten hellhole? Is it weapons? A safe place, a safe house? No. None of those things.

Answers.

Answers of the most asked questions in here.

How in the nine circles of Hell could ALL of this happen? How could Joey create a machine that can create life? How could he create a machine that can resurrect the dead? How could he create a machine that can bend and use the supernatural?

The answer?

He didn't.

Not on his own at least.
The truth is he got help with his 'little project'.

It all began months befor his Studio died. He needed a miracle that could safe him. He had plans for his Machine, but he didn't had the knowledge or the resources to actually build it. Until one day...

...his prayers got answered.

Unfortunately.

One day, someone entered his office, a man with a blue suit and a briefcase. Joey had no idea who he was, the only thing he knew is that this man knew what happened in his Studio, how bad the situation truly was. Joey asked the mysterious stranger who he was and how he knew about all of this.
The blue suited stranger answered him with a calm but creepy voice. Telling him that it doesn't matter who he is. What matters, was the fact that he could help Joey with his problems. He could give him not just the resources but also the knowledge to build his Dream Machine. The stranger said that his... employers... were interested to know if it was possible to actually build such a machine. Joey thought he was saved. He thought he could not just save his Studio with his Machine but maybe also achieve immortality. But the stranger insisted that Joey only uses his machine and it's powers to save his Studio. And not to play god. Joey accepted his terms... with crossed fingers. The mysterious stranger knew that Joey would betray him. He knew he couldn't be trusted. He had the hope that Joey would save his Studio with the Ink Machine and thats it. But the stranger had a failsafe. He made a...deal(?)... with one of Joey's employees some years back in New York City.
With a young man who worked for a mafia cartel. The truth is, the 'employers' of the blue suited stranger knew what Joey was planning, even all these years back. The stranger befriend the head of one of the mafia familys just to get to that young man. The boy was maybe 17 or 18 the day he found him. A young man wihout family or friends in this town. The stranger approached him in his breaktime, starting a simple conversation. The young lad had of course questions, why would a man who had Don's as friends start a conversation with someone like him? That doesn't made any sense. The stranger takes a seat beside the young lad, he looked at him and said,

???: "You... don't have to... make yourself so little, Mr. (L/N). You are way more important... than you think. Some... could say that you are... one of a kind. I... want to be honest, Mr. (L/N). I came here to ask for your help. Not for now, but in the future. Something is coming Mr. (L/N). And i need your help... in case someone doesn't play by the rules. It won't be easy if it escalates, Mr.(L/N) but i put... all... my faith in you."

The young man asked the stranger if he was the perfect choice. What if he wasn't the one the stranger was looking for? What if he was the wrong person for this job? What if he is the wrong person at the wrong place? The stranger smiled at him, stood up and said,

???: "You are... the right one. The place on the other hand, well...
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

The young lad looked at him, he said if he was really the right person for this job, if he was maybe truly the only one fitting for this, then he accepts his offer. The stranger smiled at him and stood up,