Chapter 31: Final Sin

FINAL BOSS

This is the end.

It's either theirs or his.

It was a long, dangerous ride so far. For all of them. Trying to survive, collecting tools and weapons, using spare parts to reinforce their safe houses, the list goes on. And now they are here, the end of the road.

Henry, Allison and Tom are fighting against Joey's Icon of Sin. He controls and direct this creature like a composer directs an orchestra. The trio couldn't do anything besides dodging it's attacks and striking whenever they had the chance. But it isn't enough. This creature, this monster is fueled by the Ink Machine itself. Like a giant body is connected to a separated heart. This monstrosity is getting more and more powerful by the second or to simplify their current situation...

The longer the Icon of Sin is alive the stronger it will become.

The fist of the Icon crashes down on the platform. Henry and the others quickly dodge it's attack. They try to attack it's fist after it tried to attack them. Trying to hurt it in any kind of way. But as soon they attack and hurt it, as soon it is fully healed again. It is a dramatic back and forward situation.

It attacks, they dodge, they try to hurt it, it heals itself, repeat.

They have no idea how long they can last. This battle is just exhausting, and Joey knows this. They are getting tired. Letting their guard down. They continue this fight until the traitor decided to end this game. With a simple wave of Joey's hand, the Icon backhanded the trio across the wooden platform. Allison nearly fell off the ledge but she quickly grabs on to it. Tom rushes towards her and catches her befor she fell down. He pulled her up, but a panic scream fills the cave.
The creature grabbed Henry. Allison and Ton rushes towards him, to free him from the Icon's grasp, but they are to late. The Icon pulls him upwards, Henry in response hitted it's claws and trys to free himself. But he just wasted his energy. Henry takes a look at his former Boss and friend. Joey just looks at him with a sad expression on his face,

JD: "Goodbye... old friend."

The creature tightens it's grip, and then it raises it's fist. Preparing to give Henry a swift and painless end. Allison and Tom are attacking the Icon's torso, to get it's attention, to do atleast something to help Henry. But the monster couldn't care less. Henry closes his eyes, he did everything he could to survive and to help his friends. The Icon raises it's fist and then...

...it stops. It freezes in place. It didn't move an inch. Henry slowly opens his eyes again.

What happened?

Did Allison or Tom hit something important on that thing?

Joey's looks at this scene in anger,

JD: "What?! What is happ-"

A explosion erupts from the Ink Machine. Blowing parts off of it. The whole chamber direct their attention at Joey's Dream Machine. A second explosion tears a hole in the left flank of the Machine. Then a third one erupts from it,

JD: "No... No! NO!!"

All sound ceases to exist befor Joey's biggest project and Dream erupts in a enormous explosion,

KKKAAAAAPPPPPLLLLAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

JD: "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MY DREAM MACHINE!!!!!!"

The shockwave of the explosion hit the Icon with full force. Causing it to lose it's balance and crashing it's body against the cave wall. It let go of Henry and he fell on the platform. Luckily without any serious damage.
Tom helps him up, the trio looks at the remains of the Ink Machine,