Chapter 21: Bad dreams

Joey sits on his throne on his balcony inside the Ascension chamber, staring at the ceiling of the cave like structure. He finished his nice, little conversation with the blue suited stranger just half an hour ago. He told Joey everything. But why would the stranger do that? Why would he reveal such important information about one of Joey's ex employees to him? Joey could only think of one thing...

Because Joey will lose, no matter if his Dream Machine begins to live or not. Because he will lose, no matter how many monsters he will create to protect his deus machina. He ordered Alice, befor his meeting with the stranger, to take care of the Demons and she sended in response a revived and advanced Boris after the new formed alliance. But they got disappointed. A Lost One brought them the bad news. Joey raged at Alice and ordered her to return to her Cathedral to await new orders and guard one of his remaining keys.

But what is he going to do now?

The biggest propblem is (Y/N). He is not just a mere, normal mortal anymore. He propably never was without him even realising it. Joey needs to take care of him SOMEHOW. He couldn't win in a 1vs1 against his ex employee thats for sure.

But... what if...

What if Joey does the one thing he was so known for in the old days? What if he talks with him? What if they don't need to fight in the first place? With all the power of his Ink Machine, Joey could promise him everything.
Power, fame, money, a bright future where he could live like a king, under Joey's command of course. Joey didn't think that he could recruit Henry, he has a wife, the life of a husband. Corrupting him will be a challenge if it was even possible, the same goes for (Y/N). A half smile creeps on Joey's face as he closes his eyes and waits til his old friends... are falling asleep.

Meanwhile at the Hazbin safe Hotel.

The joung alliance are currently at the lobby, sitting around the big table where Allison placed her map. Husk grabs the vodka bottle (Y/N) placed on the table after his first visit at the storage room a few days ago and poured it into two glasses, one for himself (of course) and one for (Y/N).

Allison starts this session,

AP: "Okay guys. We need to find the remaining three keys ASAP. Problem is we don't know where Joey could hide them. Do you guys have any suggestions?"

Charlie speaks up,

C: :Maybe he took the keys to a place none of us ever visited?"

Henry joins in,

HS: "Or like we said earlier, he brought the keys to the main level, at the workshop? A place wich is hard for us to reach?"

V: "Or he really hide them at Nekravol?"

They started to brainstorm where Joey could hide those keys. Until a certain human demon has a idea.

(Y/N): "May i make a suggestion?"

Allison looks at him and nods,

AP: "Any ideas, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "Well. I think i know who we can ask about those keys. It's just a theory, but i think he can help us in this matter."

Everybody looked at eachother and then back at him,

AL: "And who do you think could help us in this matter?"

The newest demonic addition has a light smile on his face, bad news,

(Y/N): "Sammy."

A: "Wowowow hit the breaks, (Y/N). Why do you think that this fanatic nutjob will help us?"