Chapter 18: The first key

Minutes passed after the attack of the giant ink hand. They can see the makeshift 'Dock' of Allison's safe house in the distance, but there are still questions of course and Angel is not afraid to ask them,

A: "What the fuck was that??!! Bendy's girlfriend?!"

The Hazbin Crew looks at Allison. Vaggie even glares at her, if looks could kill. Allison and her friends needed help, yes. But no one mentioned a cruise over the fucking Styx. They want answers. Now.

Allison looks at them while Tom steers the barge towards the docks. Henry stands beside her.

AP: "We don't know. That thing was always there. It pulls nearly anything into the river that moves."

(Y/N) walks up to her, Alastor on his left and Husk on his right. He speaks up with a threatening voice,

(Y/N): "It would be nice of you to inform us about such things, Allison. Are there any other ink giants we need to know about?"

Allison looks at him while Tom docks the barge,

AP: "No. Because we are here."

Allison tries everything not to lose her nerves around...him. She has seen a lot of things down here, she has fought Crawlers, Lost Ones even the Ink Demon. She knew who she can trust. But him? Henry would trust (Y/N) with his life thats for sure. He is a very chaotic good person as far as she has seen it, and as far as Henry had described him. He would burn monsters just to protect his friends.
But she knows that his smile hides more than just that. Much more.

They climb out of the barge and walk up the Dock. They turn into a corridor, the corridor itself was dugged into a stone wall, they reached the old safe house after a minute of walking. And Allison was right, the Ink Demon found their safe house. The destroyed door was evidence enough.

C: "Uhm. How exactly did you escaped in the first place?"

Allison turns to Charlie,

AP: "His heartbeat. Its a dead giveaway. We were running out of our safe house as soon as we heard it. He missed us by a few seconds. We were running towards our barge as he appeared. I saw him as he forced his way in. I have no idea how he found us."

HS: "I told you that he was watching us. We werent careful enough and now we paid the price."

V: "What do you need exactly from your old safe house? Tools? Weapons?"

Vaggie asks her. Allison, Tom and Henry looked at eachother, Henry nods at them. Time to reveal some secrets.

AP: "We are looking for two things. A map and a key."

V: "We already got a map so-"

AP: "That won't be enough. You have an map that shows you the first lower levels of this Studio, yes, but our map shows the lowest levels and the bottom of this hell."

Alastor raises an eyebrow,

AL: "Well, that is very interresting. But question is, why would you draw such a map? What do you hope to find down there?"

Henry speaks up,

HS: "The question is not just 'what' we are trying to find but also 'who'."

He looks at (Y/N),

HS: "(Y/N), we found Joey. He's here."

(Y/N) looks at his old friend with wide eyes. His former Boss, the one responsible for this whole mess, the person who stole his friends and locked them and him in this purgatory is really here?

He walks up to Henry,

(Y/N): "Don't play with me, Henry."

HS: "I'm not lying. He is here."

Allison and Tom look through the remains of their safe house for the map and the key while Henry explained what happened.

HS: "It happened befor the Ink Demon found our safe house. Allison told me what happened. She and Tom found an giant vault door, it was open and there were voices coming from the inside. I didn't wanted to believe it at first as soon as Allison came back. Inside that vault was Joey and his...my...creation."

(Y/N): "Bendy."

Allison stands up,

AP: "Exactly. They went through a hallway, then me and Tom came out of our hiding spot. We looked around the whole place and by that we found that map and this key. There were four of them in total. I looked around some more and then it hit me. Those four keys are for Joey's vault door."

Vaggie joins in,

V: "But why is he doing all of this? Why four keys? What is he hiding?"

Tom pulls a folded map under some debris, right next to it is a purse. He takes the purse, opens it and checks whats inside. And for his relief, the key they needed is still inside of it. He stands up and shows the rest of the group what he found. Allison sighs in relief,

AP: "Oh thank god."

Husk speaks up,

H: "Looks like your dog is good for something afterall."

Tom responds with a growl and Husk answers by raising his middle finger.

(Y/N): "Guys, please behave yourself."

HS: "To answer the question. Maybe it has something to do with his Ink Machine. I have seen it how it descend into this hellhole."

C: "But what is he going to do with it?"

AP: "Joey mentioned something called 'Project Ascension'. Maybe it has something to do with that?"

N: "And the other keys?"

(Y/N): "You said its a Vault door. You can open those things only from the outside. Wich means you can also only lock that thing from the outside. He will propably hide the other three in a safe place."

Henry looks at (Y/N),

HS: "You got a theory?"

(Y/N): "Yes indeed my friend. But i think we should return to our safe house. We are now a big target because of your stuff."

They make their way back to the Docks. (Y/N) knows that he need to sharpen his Axe if they are back at the Hazbin safe hotel. But what about the Ink Machine? How can they destroy it? He knows that there is a way to blow that fucking thing back to hell.

First they get the keys.

Then they find a way to stop Joey and destroy his Ink Machine.

And nothing will get in their way. Not Sammy. Not Alice. Not Bendy.

He will find a way to end this nightmare. And that is a promise.

Joey needs to prepare himself for unforseen consequences.