Chapter 7: Forgiveness?

It is a peaceful moment at the safe house. Their best friend, the one who gave them life has returned and is now with them. (Y/N) couldn't be happier too. He just finished them on paper only a few years back and now he is hugging them. It is like a dream became reality.
But...
He didn't feel just happines, or joy. But also guilt. His Boss trapped them down here, he used them for his own sick experiments.
Why did they hug him? Why didn't they just yell and curse at him? Why are they happy to see him?
He didn't even realise that Joey stole his characters.
He didn't deserve to be happy, he thought.

(Y/N) placed Niffty down again. But she still hasn't enough, she jumps foward and hugs his legs. He in return pats her head. He is now looking at all of his friends. They are smiling at him, they are all relieft and happy to see him again after all these years, even Husk has a grin on his face. He smiled back at them, but it didn't took long til his smile slowly started to fade. He is tearing up.
His friends saw that something is wrong, he never dropped his smile.
Charlie walks towards him an places a hand on his shoulder and asks,

C: "(Y/N) are you alright? Is something wrong?"

He lookes down, a tear started to fall.

(Y/N): "I'm sorry."

His voice is almost a whisper but everyone could still hear him. The Hazbin crew looks at eachother and then back at (Y/N). They are confused, why did he say sorry? Niffty let go of his legs and looks up at him with a worried look on her face. 

C: "(Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "I don't deserve this. I don't deserve any of this."

C: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "I don't deserve this peace and quiet. I...I am the reason why you are trapped down here."

The Hazbin crew looks at him with confused and worried looks on their faces.

He looks up at Charlie.

(Y/N): "Tell me. How long have you been trapped down here?"

Alastor joins in,

AL: "Well, it's hard to tell you that since we don't have a calendar down here my friend. But we are down here for quiet some time."

(Y/N) rubs his eyes,

(Y/N): "Oh god..."

Vaggie now joins in,

V: "Wait (Y/N), what do you mean you are the reason we are trapped down here?"

He looks at them with tears in his eyes, his smile is now completely gone.

(Y/N): "I..I didn't realise that Joey stole you from me. I could have saved you from all this, but i didn't. I've failed you, i had no idea that you were trapped in this Hell. I don't deserve this reunion with you."

He falls on his knees, the others came quickly to his side because they thought he collapsed.
This is not a Drama. All of his words are said with honesty, guilt and pain. Vaggie and Angel grabbed his shoulders, Charlie and Alastor are infront of him, stabilize him. (Y/N) started to cry, his whisper turned nearly into yelling.

"I could've done something!! I...I always said how proud i was of you, but i turned my back on you!! Why?! Why don't you guys hate me?! Why don't you just throw me out of your safe house?! Why..."

Charlie starts to hug him, Angel and Vaggie are holding his arms and Alastor placed a clawed hand on his shoulder. Now they know what is happening. He is giving himself the fault why they are trapped down here.
The truth is even IF he knew of their dissapereance, he couldn't do anything. Joey unleashed powers he couldn't control. His greed became his downfall. But that is a Story for later.