Chapter 15: A dark reveal

How fast can a victory turn into a complete defeat? How fast can you rise and how fast can you fall? Why? Why did it have to be him? HIM of all people? She had plans with her Ink Machine, big plans. But now. Everything she has worked for lays destroyed infront of her. He escaped, together with his demons. The explosion, the noise. It attracted nearly all Crawlers and Lost Ones on these levels. The Hazbin crew knew it would be just a matter of time til they get overrun by those hordes. They escaped through one of the hallways, they let the ceiling collapse to block the entrance of the hallway.
Should she hunt him down? Make him suffer for everything he's done? One part of her wanted to. But what chances does she have? Even if she finds him, what are her chances that she would win a fight? He defeated her nearly without problems. All of these thoughts gives her a headache, she grabs her head in frustration. She sits on her stage in complete silence, until a voice could be heard in the darkness.

"Alice"

She slowly looks up and turns to the door. Who said that?

"Alice, i'm here"

That voice. It's...him?
She stands up and takes her knife. She slowly walk out of her Cathedral, following the voice. She opens the main entrance of her Cathedral, dead Crawlers and Lost Ones are scattered on the floor, a lot of them got cut in half or got beheaded. She still follows the voice, is this some kind of trick? Is this voice even real? She steps inside the elevator, it comes from here? No not here. It comes from...beneath her? She closes the elevator door. She didn't know where it exactly comes from, from wich level beneath her, but her question got immediately answered. The elevator started to lower itself into the lower levels without her presseing a button. Someone called the elevator. But who? After a few minutes the elevator stops. The doors open and she walks out. She was never down here befor. Where is she?
She stops. A voice, someone is here just around the corner. She walks around the corner and walks into a large storage room. Someone is praying in the middle of the room right under the only light source.

AA: "Wait, is that...?"

She walks up to him, he heard her and turns around. She's right. It's Sammy.

AA/SL: "YOU!!!"

Sammy quickly stands up and points his Axe at her. Alice in response points her knife at him.

AA: "I should have known!! It's one of your traps!! You lured me down here to kill me!!"

SL: "YOU are the one who lured ME down here, wrong Angel!! I thought my lord was calling me but it was YOU!!"

AA: "I didn't do anything like that you psycho!!"

The room is now filled with silence. He was lured down here too. But who in gods name called them down here?

A voice echoed through the entire room, followed by steps,

"I know you would come to me the moment i call you my friends."

Alice and Sammy pointed their weapons at the figure in the shadows,

AA: "And who are you?!"

The figure chuckles, then he reveals himself,

"My, my. Is that a way to great an old friend my dear Alice?"

He steps out of the shadows. It can not be. Walking out of the shadows is the creator.
The traitor.
The one and only Mr. Joey Drew himself. He's way, way older now. Nearly a walking corpse. He's thin, still has the same clothes on like all these years ago, he has ink stains on his clothes and on his throat, his hands are behind his back and a smile is on his face.

AA: "You. YOU!!!"

Alice jumps at him. Only to be catched by a large, clawed, inky hand. She struggles, stabs the hand only to be grabed by her throat. Joey didn't came alone.
Sammy's eyes widen under his mask,

SL: "M-My lord."

He gets on his knees. He places his Axe on the ground. Alice looks at the Ink Demon infront of her. A heartbeat filles the room, the walls became black and are now covered in ink.
Joey looks at her,

JD: "May i speak now my dear?"

Alice just glares at him.

JD: "Thank you. You may ask yourself, why am i here? Where was i all this time?"

AA: "I hoped you died a long time ago, you son of a bitch!!"

JD: "Ah Alice, you still have this fire in you even after all those years. That is good to see. You will need it if you work for me oncemore."

AA: "Work?! For you?! I rather die in this dark abyss befor i work for you again!! Do you really think that we will do that!!?? YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!!! YOU PROMISED ME EVERYTHING!!! THE WORLD!!! BUT YOU-"

JD: "Wrong. I made a deal with Susie Campbell all these years ago, not with you. Tell me, are you Susie Campbell or are you Alice Angel?"

This is the question. And he is right. He promised Susie to bring Alice to life. Susie was furious after Joey told her that he found a replacement for her. This role. This character. She was everything for Susie. She even said that a part of her died as Joey told her about Allison. He tricked Susie to come into the old Workshop, and at the end of the day Susie Campbell was no more. And Alice Angel was truly born.

She didn't say anything and looks down.

JD: "My friends. I have plans, big plans. And you will have a part in it. With this machine, with this ink, we can make a comeback."

Alice struggles to talk,

AA: "What do...you mean, a comeback?"

JD: "The world thinks that Joey Drew Studios is dead. But we will show them otherwise. We will crush any competition, we will show my achivements with the whole world. We will show all of them the wonders of the Ink Machine.
And as for you my Angel. Can't you see it? A world where everyone can see you? You can show the world what a real Angel looks like."

There are so many thoughts inside her head now. From 'he's fucking crazy' to 'i can really have everything'.

AA: "I-I don't know."

JD: "I see. Theres something else you want. Or rather...someone."

She glares at him again,

JD: "Dreams come true, Alice. That is all i gonna say about that matter. You even can have...him after i shared the Ink Machine to the world."

She sighes, she knew she would die if she decline his offer,

AA: "What do you want from us?"

Joey nods to Bendy, he in response let Alice go, she falls on the floor and holds her throat,

JD: "Simple. After the Ink Machine reached its destination in the lowest level of this Studio, i need to prepare the rest for the great ascension. I will give you two each, a key. Those keys will open my vault, the Ascension chamber. You will guard those keys.
I do this because mine got stolen by...Allison and her lapdog."

Alice looks up to him,

JD: "I don't take any risks now. There are four keys. Mine got stolen by Allison, the second is already guarded by Bertrum's machine, the other two will be guarded by you."

AA: "Wait. And what's his job?!"

She points at Bendy, he just growls at her,

JD: "He guards his prison from the inside. Like i said, i don't take any risks now. It is only a matter of time til Allison tries to contact (Y/N) and his Demons.
So my friends."

                "Can i count on you?"

(A/N: sorry for this short chapter, next one will be better)