Chapter 28: A clear mind and sympathy

Has he gone to far?

That question is currently the only thought in Sammy's mind. He is sitting infront of the statue of his new "savior". He holds a framed picture in his hands, a picture of him and (Y/N) in the old days. Sammy remembers how he and (Y/N) would work on new soundtracks for the Bendy show.

What is he even doing?

(Y/N) told him by their last confrontation that Sammy is the master of his own path. Not Bendy. There is only one being, one person who can save him from this abyss.

Himself.

He wasted his time, energy and resources to pray to a Ink Demon who only ignored him. And then he was blinded again after (Y/N) showed mercy upon him. There is no god or higher being down here who could save him. Only he can save himself.

SL: "I really messed up this time."

But what is he going to do now?
Just sit here and wait til everything is over? Wait til Bendy shows up and punishes him for his betrayl?

No.

He will find his own way out of here.
But befor he can do that, he wants to see his old friend again. With a clear mind.

Susie still lays on her bed. She has a new plan in mind. To leave this dark, cursed place behind. At first she didn't wanted to believe it, but seeing it with her very own eyes changed everything. She thought those rumors about him being the Devil's apprentice were just that... rumors. But she was dead wrong. That strength, those powers, those eyes, that smile. There is no denying it, the person she falled in love with all this time ago is blessed by the ruinous powers. It just surprises her that (Y/N) never believed that she was gone. He never fully believed that Susie was consumed by Alice, the same goes for Sammy. The truth is he could have killed them the very moment they started to fight, but he didn't. He hold back.

Ironic.

How ironic. How ironic that the only being with mercy and sympathy has to be a Demon.

She looks to her right. Leaning against a counter is her machete. A new plan forms in her mind. A stupid one.
Maybe she can cause some damage befor she leaves. She stands up, walks to her machete and takes it. She leaves her safe house only a minute later. She doesn't know if she could actually cause some damage to Joey's plans, but she would be damned if she wouldn't try it.
Susie walks towards an elevator and presses the button. She prepared herself earlier for this rather sudden decision.

BOOM BOOM

But nothing could really prepare her for what is coming for her.

BOOM BOOM

What is looking for her.

BOOM BOOM

Searching for her.

BOOM BOOM

She closes her eyes. She would always recognize this sound.

BOOM BOOM

The sound of a beating heart. She turns around and opens her eyes. Standing infront of her is Joey's greatest failure. With a glitching smile and a large scar across his face.

Bendy.

Susie glares at the monster. She has enough. She has enough of being afraid. She has enough of being hunted down. She speaks up,

SC: "So. This is how it ends, huh? You know what, fine. Do it. I'm not afraid of you any longer."

She tears up, she shouts at him with venom in her voice,

SC: "And you know why? You know fucking why?!! Because i will be free compared to you!!! People see you as a monster!! The former Alpha of this dark abyss!! But do you know what you really are??!!!"

The Ink Demon shows no reaction, he didn't even move,

SC: "A slave!!! That's what you are!!! And what you will always be!!! Joey threw you inside his fucking Nightmare Machine and locked you in!!! And what did you do after he shows up again after all these years??!! You followed him!!! Like a fucking lapdog!!! Instead of doing something, you just followed his every command!!! Do you want your fame back so fucking badly that you ally yourself with the same person who tortured you??!!!"

The elevator arrives and the door opens,

SC: "You will be down here forever!!! I will be free like an Angel while you will rot in this Hell!!! Come on what are you waiting for??!! I am right here!!! Do it!! You pathetic slave!!!!"

Bendy's arm shoots up and grabs Susie by her throat. He lifts her up and the former fallen angel closes her eyes again, waiting for the end. But nothing prepared her for what happens next.
Bendy throws her inside the elevator and pushes the button for the first floor.

The Music Departement.

The doors closed, Susie holds her throat while looking at the Ink Demon in shock and confusion. The elevator starts to rise and Bendy follows her gaze until she dissapeares into the upper levels. At this very moment, silence filles the entire floor, not even his heartbeat could be heard.
Bendy slowly lowers his head, his glitching smile slowly widens a bit. A dark, raspy whisper echoes through the hallways of this level,

"Escape"

The slender Ink being slowly turns around and dissapeares through a wall.
Why did he do that? Why did he spare her? Well... is it so hard to believe that even monsters can show sympathy?

Susie ascend to the upper levels to plan her escape. Sammy's mind is clear, no more following. No more gods.

If the fallen angel rises to heaven again, if the true believer lost his faith, then the time draws near. The time of the final confrontation. The only question that remains is... how will the Hazbin crew reach Joey's vault?

The answer?

With Diesel power, armor plates and guns.

You could say with... a Hellfire machine.

(A/N: sorry for this rather short chapter, old chaps. The next ones will be better. How do you like this story so far?)