08 | motive

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 8
MOTIVE
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 8⸻ MOTIVE┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I WALK QUICKLY INTO a restaurant after receiving a call from my parents. Overwhelming with excitement, I am so happy to finally face them again after four months of not seeing each other.

"Eomma! Appa!" I call them, waving my hand in the air to get their attention.

Both of them seem to recognise my voice as they turn their heads. They grin and stand up, engulfing me into warm hugs.

"I miss you both," I smile in content, embracing them tightly before pulling away. "When did you guys arrive?"

"An hour ago," My dad chirps in. "Congratulations again on your second interview!"

"Thank you, appa!" I grin at him. "How's Sara and Dan? Are they doing well?"

My mom nods. "They're doing alright. Oh, and they send their regards to you,"

"That's good, say hello to them when you guys travel back," I mutter, missing my two siblings at home.

The three of us settle on the table quietly. I notice that the table is quite big for us as it specifies a table of six.

Before I could question, a serious tension grows in the atmosphere. Both of them subtly glance to each other before they purse their lips into a grim line.

"Mia, there's something we have to tell you." My mom starts, her eyes filled with guilt and desperation.

"Yes, and we hope that you can agree with this but first of all, this is absolutely your decision." My dad continues as his shoulders slump dejectedly. "I have a very close friend back in high school and we made a pact that we help each other if someone's in need. Right now, our business isn't going well so I need some financial money to bring it back."

"Wait, business isn't going well? What's wrong?" I gasp, appalled. My parents has their own restaurant in Busan that has been the greatest support for me and my siblings since we were younger. It was the source of our family's wellbeing.

My dad sighs. "We're sorry that we kept this from you for a while now because we didn't want you to worry. You can say no to this because your consent is most important. We wan—"

"Dean!" A male voice interferes. My eyes bugged out, only to see familiar faces that I can't even begin to explain how confused I am.