45 | love-struck

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 45
LOVE-STRUCK
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 45⸻ LOVE-STRUCK┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"WHAT?"

That simple syllable is the only thing I could articulate after hearing his ridiculous statement.

His handsome features remain stoic but his eyes soften as they hold my gaze deeper with a contrary meaning.

He takes a few deep breath while staring at me. "I know this sounds crazy, but let's go for a short trip."

"Short what? What are you talking about?" I croak out in confusion.

"I don't know how to explain but uh.. I've divorced Haera," he mumbles in a soft voice, his head hanging low. "It hasn't been finalised yet because it takes about 4 months to get it done,"

I swallow thickly, staring wide-eyed over his sudden revelation.

"I don't think there's anybody else for me but you, Mia. You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me and I know nothing can repent the actions that has caused you pain but I would never hurt you on purpose. From this moment, I will treat you right. Let me prove that I could be a better husband for you,"

My chest tightens as strings tugging inside my heart. I was speechless.

"I.. I—"

"One short trip is all I need," he softly assures. "Please? Just this once,"

No, I can't give in that easily. As much as I wanted to be with him, I couldn't possibly forgive and forget what he did.

"No," I reply sternly, causing the soft smile on his face to falter.

"Why not?"

"Because we're not meant to be, Taehyung," I explain, which earns a deeper frown on his face that makes my heart aches.

"Yes, we are," he pleads desperately and I could tell by his eyes how much he believed it. "We meet again after three years. Isn't that enough to prove that we could start over?"

"No,"

His jaw ticks with frustration as he's trying so hard to keep his emotions in. "But why?"

"Because we can't, okay?! Can you just stay away?" I scowl, growing annoyed. My ego gets the best of me because I wouldn't want to admit the truth.