17 | fragile

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 17
FRAGILE
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 17⸻ FRAGILE┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

A MONTH OF marriage with Kim Taehyung doesn't feel real. I still can't believe the fact that I'm married and to a very handsome, successful man. He is always clingy and needy, but for the past week, he has been acting strange. He doesn't really talk to me that much anymore.

"Mia? Are you not gonna eat that?" Jaehyun muses, jerking his chin to my plate. Both of us are having lunch together at a nearby restaurant, only 20 minutes left before going back to work.

Jaehyun and I are close now. We have developed into some sort of platonic relationship during a month of knowing each other. I admit that Jaehyun is quite handsome, and that his ears would turn red whenever he's embarrassed.

I raise an eyebrow, noticing my food is untouched. "Sorry, I just had something on my mind,"

"It's about your husband, huh?" he curiously mutter. Everyone at work officially know that I'm his wife because of Taehyung's transparent act. Although he has his secretary, but at some point, he prefers his hot chocolate prepared by me.

"Oh, how did you know?" I peer at him in amusement.

He shrugs. "Yeah, I figured since you didn't come together. I'm not trying to be nosy but did you guys have a fight?"

"No, we're okay,"

These past few days, I had Jungkook sending me to work because I thought that he needed sometime with himself. Taehyung always opposes and asks questions if this happened, but this time, he doesn't say anything about it.

I really hope he is okay.

•••

After lunch, I make an excuse to meet him to check if he is alright. Inhaling a deep breath, I knock faintly on his door and come in after he slowly responds.

The smile abruptly falls from my mouth when Haera is inside too, sitting so close with him on the couch as they are discussing about something.

"Hi, Mia," she purrs, a smile stretching across her lips.

"Oh, hi,"

Taehyung looks up at me, emotionless, as if my presence doesn't effect him at all. "Yes? Is there anything you want to say?"

"Oh, uh.. I've done the report for the new construction like you asked," I murmur, leaning my body forward to hand him the file.