28 | dystopia

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 28
DYSTOPIA
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 28⸻ DYSTOPIA ┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I WOKE UP AFTER I FELT a leg curled on top of my torso by inviting me closer. I was met with his handsome features, his eyes flutter shut as his chest moving in a slow rhythm.

I study the man in front of me and I could feel my heart breaks into pieces. I can't believe that he was sexually assaulted by his own friend. How could Haera did that to him?

I didn't realise when his eyes were wide open as they were daringly boring into mine.

A sleepy smile crooks on his lips as he greets. "Hi,"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I apologise immediately. "Go back to sleep,"

He hums playfully, his arm slinging around my waist. "What time is it? Is it 7 am already?"

"Hey, you know what? I have a fantastic idea. Let's not go to work today,"

"I'm the boss, baby. I can't neglect my work. Appa would kill me," he humours with his smile still lingering on his lips.

"Alright, but are you gonna be okay? You're going to fire her, right?" I emphasise on the last word.

"Yes,"

I sigh, bringing his hand close to my lips and kiss his knuckles gently. "You're so brave, Taehyung. I'm so sorry that you're going through that alone. I have no idea that she assau—"

"Hey, this is not your fault," he mutters. "She.. threatened me that she would harm you after I refused to take care of her baby. I couldn't bear the thought of you getting hurt.. and out of nowhere, she.. touc—"

I cut his sentence by pulling his body into my arms. My empathy strikes as tears springing in my eyes. He has gone through so much and he didn't deserve any of this poor treatment.

"Are you crying? Hey, baby, why are you crying?" he softly asks.

He pulls away from the hug, his eyes scan all over my face in worrisome when he sees the tears falling down on my cheek.

"Sorry, I was just.. I feel horrible for not knowing and that bitc- woman had the audacity to walk freely after what she did,"

"Shhh, don't cry." he hushes, wiping the tears from both of my cheeks. "Don't worry. I'm okay. See?"

He points to his handsome face and shows his heart-shaped smile that tickles my heart.